Make a donation

Author Topic: Let's play a game......  (Read 2845 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2r5uame3k27si1m4u01m2j31v3&/topic,19740.0.html
Let's play a game......
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:53:28 pm »
So..... I was bored today, of cocks hogging the middle lane and following a "lead driver" in the middle lane.

So.... I thought. Let's play a game!!

I pulled in front of the lead hogger. Old man in a baby blue BMW 320D (not that that is relevant) and began to slow down to see if he would overtake me. Guess what? He didn't, and neither did the other 5 cars following him... I bailed out at 40MPH!!

Absolute fooking brain dead morons....

*flamesuit mode ACTIVATED*

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Let's play a game......
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »
I notice this.

So I move from 1st to 2nd lane, a car comes up behind me in the 2nd lane and brakes to slow down, 3rd lane is empty.

I finally over take everything in the 1st lane and move back into it.

The guy that braked to slow down rather than overtaking me...speeds up.

WTF?? Use the lanes correctly!!!!!!

Offline Rumple

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
  • Das Original.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »
This is why my next mod will be hidden RPG launchers, James bond style.    :driver:    :fighting:

Black 3dr Edition 30 DSG

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:37:57 pm »
Should do laps Rich... i.e 3rd lane to overtake middle lane hogger, back to lane 1, let them overtake you, then back out to lane 3.... and repeat.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:57:46 pm »
Emergency stop to test the brakes.  :evilgrin:

Offline Markyed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »
I hate cocks who overtake you then slow down
 :rolleye: lol

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 09:22:51 pm »
So..... I was bored today, of cocks hogging the middle lane and following a "lead driver" in the middle lane.

So.... I thought. Let's play a game!!

I pulled in front of the lead hogger. Old man in a baby blue BMW 320D (not that that is relevant) and began to slow down to see if he would overtake me. Guess what? He didn't, and neither did the other 5 cars following him... I bailed out at 40MPH!!

Absolute fooking brain dead morons....

*flamesuit mode ACTIVATED*

Might have a go at this in the morning on my 30 mile M5 drive to work!

will report back tomorrow night!!

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline Bignod00

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
  • Ginsters are sh*tE!!
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96791.msg959667.html#msg959667
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »
I notice this.

So I move from 1st to 2nd lane, a car comes up behind me in the 2nd lane and brakes to slow down, 3rd lane is empty.

I finally over take everything in the 1st lane and move back into it.

The guy that braked to slow down rather than overtaking me...speeds up.

WTF?? Use the lanes correctly!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^This drives me bloody insane!!!!!!!! I just cannot understand what the hell is going on in their tiny minds........ :fighting: :fighting:

4WD Leon Cupra TTE420 K1, maybe slightly modded. :evilgrin:

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »
Should do laps Rich... i.e 3rd lane to overtake middle lane hogger, back to lane 1, let them overtake you, then back out to lane 3.... and repeat.
I do like this suggestion, but would they notice seeing as they are so unaware?!!

My peev is the flip side - those that can't stand to be overtaken / drive at a constant speed!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2r5uame3k27si1m4u01m2j31v3&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:52:21 pm »
The thing is, that they are so oblivious to what there are doing that I am pretty sure that if I had come to a complete stop, the line of cars would have come to a halt! They just drive like sheep...

I hate many many things.... but none quite as virulently as bad driving.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 06:18:55 am »
To get over some rage I like to imagine they are all really old people going "weeeeeeee omg dear this is the fastest I have ever been weeeeeeeeeee"

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 08:43:40 am »
I agree about bad driving. My mum and I once had an arguement in the car because some idiot stopped in front of me and a large line of traffic to let someone out at the side of the road which was just inconsiderate, then straight after at the next traffic light stopped dead even though our filter light was green. I honked and my mum said I was being rude and maybe the other person isn't a very confident driver. She couldn't see my point that driving is not a game and if you can't drive properly you shouldn't be on the road.

Anyway in regards to middle lane driving, I thought the police were given new powers to pull people over and fine them for poor lane discipline on the motorway? I mean these t*ssers who obliviously sit in the middle lane are effectively turning a 3 lane road into a 2 lane road, causing congestion and putting other drivers who have to change lanes around them at risk. (The worst are the ones that sit in the 3rd lane on the 4 lane stretches of the M1 - every time I drive to my parents house in Leeds from the big smoke I always see a few. Honestly makes me want to put my window down and scream at them for their inconsideration and stupidity.)
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 09:02:46 am »
I find undertaking them usually works as they find it strange that for once someone has passed on the passenger side so they move over. My pet hate is when you stick to your desiered speed say 70 and you pass someone then 2 mins later they pass you then slow down. Then you pass them again then they come flying back past and slow down. Really boils my piss when people can't keep a steady speed. And again the ones you can follow for miles and decide to overtake and they speed up!!!! Get off our roads
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 09:11:15 am »
I agree about bad driving. My mum and I once had an arguement in the car because some idiot stopped in front of me and a large line of traffic to let someone out at the side of the road which was just inconsiderate, then straight after at the next traffic light stopped dead even though our filter light was green. I honked and my mum said I was being rude and maybe the other person isn't a very confident driver. She couldn't see my point that driving is not a game and if you can't drive properly you shouldn't be on the road.

Anyway in regards to middle lane driving, I thought the police were given new powers to pull people over and fine them for poor lane discipline on the motorway? I mean these t*ssers who obliviously sit in the middle lane are effectively turning a 3 lane road into a 2 lane road, causing congestion and putting other drivers who have to change lanes around them at risk. (The worst are the ones that sit in the 3rd lane on the 4 lane stretches of the M1 - every time I drive to my parents house in Leeds from the big smoke I always see a few. Honestly makes me want to put my window down and scream at them for their inconsideration and stupidity.)

I agree.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

This is the same for me. I use a 4 lane section of the M1 to get to my mum's in Notts and quite often there is someone stuck in lane 2 or 3. As TrickGTI said, if this is the case I will undertake, something I don't make a habit of but in cases like this why should I move from lane 1 to lane 4 just to go round some inconsiderate knob.

My biggest pet hate is lazy inconsiderate drivers. I enjoy driving but motorways I'm starting to dislike more and more. No indicators just winds me up so much. Takes no effort whatsoever  :fighting: