Make a donation

Author Topic: possibly for sale :-( o and new brakes actually on and working  (Read 17831 times)

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: my stage 2 gti on bentley wheels
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2014, 10:35:18 pm »
Offsets of bentleys are all wrong on the mk5 unless your running air ! apart from that looking good mate

Why is that? The offset is et41 and 9" wide. According to my research they will fit fine? I've test fitted them and they fitted!! I'm planning on running coil overs and going lower but no air.. Have you tried bentley wheels or have any evidence they won't work?  If so  it looks like there going up for sale..

I'm (assuming) that he's meaning they poke a lot, meaning if you had air the arches could sit on the rim (again, only an assumption, I'm no wheel expert)
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »
Offsets of bentleys are all wrong on the mk5 unless your running air ! apart from that looking good mate

Why is that? The offset is et41 and 9" wide. According to my research they will fit fine? I've test fitted them and they fitted!! I'm planning on running coil overs and going lower but no air.. Have you tried bentley wheels or have any evidence they won't work?  If so  it looks like there going up for sale..

I'm (assuming) that he's meaning they poke a lot, meaning if you had air the arches could sit on the rim (again, only an assumption, I'm no wheel expert)

I'm no wheel expert either but after a lot of research it's seems the general rule is they will fit, aggressive fitment on the front but still fit...I'm wondering if he has had first hand experience in the subject? If so then I will sell.them

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2014, 07:52:01 am »
Well after a day of driving around on the bentley wheels I can confirm they fit with no rubbing at all yet... It needs to lower now. I've dropped the car in to my local painter who is refurbing the wheels.for me.. This is a picture he sent me, the colour is a Ferrari Silverstone grey I think he said. Any thoughts on these

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42:26 pm »
Wheels on and I have to admit I think it looks pretty good

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2014, 04:52:18 pm »
Wheels on and I have to admit I think it looks pretty good

Agreed, stunning set of wheels and Ferrari Silverstone Grey goes so well with Reflex Silver. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline rob-gti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »
Looks ace!!

Nice choice of paint for the wheels!

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2014, 06:31:14 pm »
Edition 30 splitter next and colour coded side skirts...

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2014, 06:40:49 pm »
Looks well that mate :drinking:

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2014, 07:02:24 pm »
Thank you for your kind comments.. It's slowly getting there,still have to get a rns510 and then fit my mk6 steering wheel and heater controlls then a brushed aluminium trim around them.. Also have a walk,polybushed lower arms,vibratechnic engine mounts all to fit. But all in good time. I still haven't fitted my Ttrs brakes..

Offline J9EVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »
 :love:

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2014, 07:12:26 am »
Can anybody recommend a decent edition 30  rep front splitter

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

Hey mate ! sorry for the late response ! i didn't mean they wouldn't fit , i just meant the offsets look all wrong because they poke to much so you cant go low enough on them without battering your arches , and without lowering it loads they don't look right ! so air is generally the only way if running bentleys

However if fitment doesn't bother you to much then don't worry about it ! love the colour you've chose btw

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2014, 09:36:30 pm »

Hey mate ! sorry for the late response ! i didn't mean they wouldn't fit , i just meant the offsets look all wrong because they poke to much so you cant go low enough on them without battering your arches , and without lowering it loads they don't look right ! so air is generally the only way if running bentleys

However if fitment doesn't bother you to much then don't worry about it ! love the colour you've chose btw

I'm not really into all that air suspension and stance... I'm 37 with 2 kids the wheels were that cheap I had to buy them. I like them but I'm thinking of getting them machined 5mm to help with the fitment...I've had 4 people in the car last night and no rubbing but it needs to go lower...Il more than likely sell them and make some money

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: my gti with new wheel colour
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »
Gave my wheels there first clean today and a seal. Really,liking the look of it but it does been to go lower so it looks like I'm going to order coilovers... From what u read fk are a good bargain basement option

And both mk5's

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: my gti with new wheel colour
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2014, 07:27:47 am »
Not much happened in the last week
..I replaced my mfd2 for a rns510 also did the video in motion update and bought a arm rest mdi to replace my 6 disc changer..and it looks like the bentley wheels are sold... I'm replacing Them with these... What do you think???

Pics of my rns510  and mdi

And a few cheeky works car park shots