Make a donation

Author Topic: I Need Your Help! Issue's  (Read 823 times)

Offline LiamGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
I Need Your Help! Issue's
« on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:11 am »
Hi Guys,

I have bought a Golf GTi back at the end of August,

So far great car but I've had a few issues; nothing major I just want it sorting.

So it started off as a crunch/loud rub as i was rolling down my drive. I thought Wheel Bearings/Brake disk warped/Bushes gone. On closer inspection  everything under the car looks mechanically sound and straight. My brother seems to think it could be Gearbox (DSG)? I'm praying not because I know how much they are!

So thats the rub, theres also a rattle which i believe it the arch lining, and whenever going over bump theres a distinct knock, sounds like somethings loose.

Then today a knock on the steering has developed, I've video'd it see below.

(the Knock is quiet at first but keep watching)

All related? All noises are coming from the Passenger Front side corner of the car!

I know its not going to be a case of "oh its this" and it'll all be fixed tomorrow but you've all had Golfs a lot longer than me so all advise is helpful. Also the car passed its MOT last week with no advisories, thats what really got me confused?

Im so confused. I believe the best thing to do is book it in at Stallers, Sheffield as recommended by Hurdy for a good check over, but no idea what it would cost to put right.

Thanks for any inputs and apologies for the essay!

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: I Need Your Help! Issue's
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »
Your faults could be the type which are very cheap or expensive in the descriptions you've given?

The rub could be a brake pad sticking and the steering knock could be many an item just lose.

Free safety or  pre - mot check could be worth doing, as I've seen many a garage offer this service and may help settle your mind, as to what bill your looking at!

Offline LiamGTi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:52:33 pm »
Thanks, I'll get one of them free checks done I think; It'll not be till the weekend, in the mean time any other ideas

Offline Jimmm

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 12:48:44 pm »
Major bump, I know but did you ever get to the bottom of this?