Make a donation

Author Topic: Big thankyou to flyboy1976  (Read 1202 times)

Offline adamg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
Big thankyou to flyboy1976
« on: October 20, 2013, 08:44:15 pm »
Been having a few problems with my eddy, being when on WOT the EPC light would come on and go into limp mode, with fault throttle position input to high, not sure on the exact code sorry as I cannot connect with vagcom, just keeps saying no connection possible, I can only connect to the car with the revo app on my iphone to clear the faults thought at first it was the throttle body so I managed to order the revision Q model brand new from german ebay for £100, I also wanted to change the ECU and came across one being sold by flyboy1976 when I contacted him about the sale, he asked me what the problem was so I explained and he had suffered similar problems, then asked me if I was running Nology sparkplugs which I was.
He told me these where the problem and not the ECU so was told I would be wasting my money if I bought the ECU which I thought was very honest by the guy because he had just lost out on a £260 sale, he told me to give him a ring and he would explain further, after a lengthy conversation I was convinced this was the problem the guy was very knowledgeable about all aspect of the engine even told me what to do to calibrate my new throttle body correctly, I have changed the sparkplugs to NKG's and glad to report no more fault codes the car feels so much more alive cant thank the guy enough saved me a lot of money and messing about, I think the throttle body is ok but goin to change it anyway now, all I will say to anybody running NOLOGY sparkplugs get them out and replaced ASAP as I don't think they are as good as I was first led to believe, so again thanks to flyboy1976 he is a honest top guy, cant recommend him enough!!!!

Adam