Make a donation

Author Topic: BMW 430D  (Read 10678 times)

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
Re: BMW 430D
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2013, 10:30:38 am »
The new 335 X is being punted around the local police authorities and its getting fantastic reviews....

My mate JamS3 over on VAGOC is a traffic copper and being bored of drinking loads of coffee and eating donuts took it to a meet whilst he was on duty and stuck it on the dyno.....anyway it ended up on facebook and BMW saw their arse and wanted it back.....

Reason why he did it was that it felt SO much faster than the figures suggested and wanted to be sure that they hadn't tweaked it for "evaluation" purposes which has been known to happen before apparently...

Anyway it wasn't and made stock numbers....its getting a big following as a great drivers car and bloody quick and 45mpg

It's got me thinking....

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 11:23:20 am »
335X is not likely to be big enough to be a great attraction to the Police  :innocent:
Every Police Commissioner (Not Police authorities anymore) will take any car given to them by manufacturers to use as much as possible to save their fleets were and tear  :happy2:

I like the look of the 430d too
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 11:49:07 am »
I have had my 430d for two weeks it is only available with auto 8 speed box, 258bhp and 600nm torque, Only covered 150 miles but the power delivery is lovely the 8sp box is super smooth ,I speced it quite high m suspension is a nice option and when going through the modes the large display shows nice colourful graphics of the car and the settings .

When the official BMW PPK kit arrives I am getting it fitted it is a new larger intercooler and ECU direct from the factory plug and play  no coding it is specced to the car I think its circa 1000gbp but unavailable on the 4 at present, it gives another 25bhp and 40-50 nm torque on the latest 330 F30 same engine so I assume it will deliver the same benefits

I have replaced a 325d coupe with the 430 it is a inch longer and  two inch wider at the rear I also think it rides a inch lower. after two weeks I am impressed a massive move forward from the E92 

Finally, a 430D owner!  :drinking:
I'm pleased you've having a good time with it Scooba, the PP sounds a worthy addition.

I've heard the 8speed is exactly as you've described, smooth and strong. I was beginning to think no-one had bought one as I see F10 330D's around all the time but the 4 is still quite a spot for now... I've seen more F-Type's in fact and I'm fairly well traveled by the week  :scared:

Will you look at a tuners map of some sort to go stage 1 or 1+ etc in future?
I guess it won't be long before DMS and those kind of tuners are offering further tuning and maps.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 01:36:36 am »
See I do like the new range of BMW as an engineering piece, as a "drivers car" but they aren't half a bit dull these days, or am I alone in thinking that?

After all I drive a 5 door golf  :driver:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 07:46:40 pm »
Still a diseasal though.......
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »

What a stupid post. :rolleye:

Offline shreddedmeat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:49 pm »
See I do like the new range of BMW as an engineering piece, as a "drivers car" but they aren't half a bit dull these days, or am I alone in thinking that?

I'm with you. AWD BMW saloons, what is the world coming to :scared:

The missus' dad has a boggo company 320d with the 8 speed, its bloody good mind.
'06 Tornado Red 5 door manual

Can help with or fit VCDS / Cruise control / CAN gateways / RNS in North East

Offline Fozzy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 07:29:47 am »
At our dealership the 420d seems very popular. As yet no one had bought a 430 but have opted for the 435d! Having driven both, the 435d is the one for me still 40+mpg and 313bhp! It's abit of an animal but just doesn't pack that petrol head petrol noise!

Nothing quite like driving an m135i!! Epic car!! Keep telling the mrs this would be the next car!!

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 11:41:46 pm »
I was told the 35D 4 x felt heavy ,I bought /ordered mine before it was launched ,My guy has worked at the dealers for 25yrs and knows his way round the ordering process, I was the first around Sussex with a 430. The PPK kit gets it to 280+ bhp and 640+ nm torque trust me it feels fabulous and you won't like the next comment having owned a Golf R brand new  feels much more smooth and drivable with better gearbox and endless torque even more so when put in Sport + mode.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 11:46:32 pm »
The new 335 X is being punted around the local police authorities and its getting fantastic reviews....

My mate JamS3 over on VAGOC is a traffic copper and being bored of drinking loads of coffee and eating donuts took it to a meet whilst he was on duty and stuck it on the dyno.....anyway it ended up on facebook and BMW saw their arse and wanted it back.....

Reason why he did it was that it felt SO much faster than the figures suggested and wanted to be sure that they hadn't tweaked it for "evaluation" purposes which has been known to happen before apparently...

Anyway it wasn't and made stock numbers....its getting a big following as a great drivers car and bloody quick and 45mpg

It's got me thinking….

Hi Dave don't think about it buy one with either 30D or 35D  option    TBH I am getting  31.9 mpg but thats local journeys and haven't had it out on a run yet  done 200 miles so it is tight when it hits a 1000 miles I'm having the Performance ECU and bigger intercooler , being BMW it doesn't affect warranty and for around 1100 gbp plus fitting  and adding 25bhp and 40 nm is a conservative lift but worth while , I ordered the car with the M brake upgrade as I understand that is a pre req with the PPK kit.

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2013, 06:12:59 am »
I have had my 430d for two weeks it is only available with auto 8 speed box, 258bhp and 600nm torque, Only covered 150 miles but the power delivery is lovely the 8sp box is super smooth ,I speced it quite high m suspension is a nice option and when going through the modes the large display shows nice colourful graphics of the car and the settings .

When the official BMW PPK kit arrives I am getting it fitted it is a new larger intercooler and ECU direct from the factory plug and play  no coding it is specced to the car I think its circa 1000gbp but unavailable on the 4 at present, it gives another 25bhp and 40-50 nm torque on the latest 330 F30 same engine so I assume it will deliver the same benefits

I have replaced a 325d coupe with the 430 it is a inch longer and  two inch wider at the rear I also think it rides a inch lower. after two weeks I am impressed a massive move forward from the E92 

Finally, a 430D owner!  :drinking:
I'm pleased you've having a good time with it Scooba, the PP sounds a worthy addition.

I've heard the 8speed is exactly as you've described, smooth and strong. I was beginning to think no-one had bought one as I see F10 330D's around all the time but the 4 is still quite a spot for now... I've seen more F-Type's in fact and I'm fairly well traveled by the week  :scared:

Will you look at a tuners map of some sort to go stage 1 or 1+ etc in future?
I guess it won't be long before DMS and those kind of tuners are offering further tuning and maps.

Hi 

It will be the BMW kit, I am told they order it from the factory , a new ECU is sent coded with all your factory options and the new revised map installed a new slightly larger intercooler also is included at a cost off £1100 plus fitting  3 hrs I think.So circa £1500  it keeps the warranty intact with BMW and also I'm told insurance companies aren't interested as it a factory fit option ? TBC !

The advice was put a 1000 miles on it before fitting as well, That won't be a problem as I'm still waiting for the Performance grills that have been on order 6 weeks  seams anything for the 4 is very slow at present .

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 11:43:43 am »
Sounds good Scooba. Any pics?  :party:
I've genuinely not seen a 30d' in person on the 4 Series, they seem so rare thus far and the 428i and 435i is getting all the press attention.

One random question for you, I know I'd get my golf clubs in a 3 series coupe/4 series, but would you fit a mountain bike in the back, laid out flat?  :popcornsoda:

Cheers.
Pete

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 07:20:43 pm »
Has the economy leveled out a bit Scooba?

I'd love to see some recent pics & udpates  :drinking: :happy2:
Pete

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 08:57:35 pm »

What a stupid post. :rolleye:

Not as much as your reply :P

Ive tried fast diesels and don't get on with them, both being 335d's (over a years ownership between the two).  Each to their own......
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 09:41:13 pm »
Holy thread resurrection  :rolleye:

And nope it wasn't worth it either  :scared: