Make a donation

Author Topic: Radar/Speed Camera Detectors  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: Radar/Speed Camera Detectors
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 05:27:19 pm »
If you use a radar blocker you could be prosecuted for trying to pervert the course of justice or an obstruction offence. You'd probably avoid points but you'd likely go somewhere nice with a little room that just has a toilet and end up someone's bi*ch! :scared: :grin: (depending what your into!) :laugh:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 06:26:06 pm »

Just looking back at that pic, and how much ive ruined my car since 

....We didn't know how to tell you, Phil :evilgrin:
Your Pure Evil Mr Proctor :wink:

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 06:31:49 pm »
i have the little thing that looks like a memory stick, 40 quid!!! same principal as road angel but easy and can leave it on dash without it getting nicked!! have own a few road angels and they are no better and a pain putting in and out
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 06:52:33 pm »

i have the little thing that looks like a memory stick, 40 quid!!! same principal as road angel but easy and can leave it on dash without it getting nicked!! have own a few road angels and they are no better and a pain putting in and out

....This latest Road Angel Connected is far better than earlier models. And your memory stick thingy isn't going to tell you your accurate speed is it?

But it's good that there is a variety of gizmos out there we can choose from. :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline nobby

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 08:37:30 pm »
I have a 'friend' that works for the road camera partnership and there is only 1 thing that will get you off a speeding conviction......... Polish number plates!!! honest to god, he says that they dont pursue these as they always lead to a dead end!!!!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
What do you suggest we polish them with  I have some Zaino left over.  :laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist.  :ashamed:  :wink:

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 11:12:14 pm »
^^^^
Hi Claire :happy2:

I'm wondering if your Pogo satellite connection problem is due to where you have it positioned in the car. Have you tried various positions? :innocent:

Mine is positioned with maximum open 'view' to the heavens and I don't get such problems.

i have the same problem claire , mine is fitted on the b piller , but as robin suggests it might be worth moving iy . i will try that this weekend

mine is also a b2

I have the actual unit far right of the dash, the GPS in the centre of the dash (this was moved from below the tax disc holder) and the laser detector top far right of the windscreen.  Since moving the GPS it has got slightly better than it was but is still temperamental.  

In the Mk 4 I had the unit and laser detector in the same place as they are now but the GPS was under the tax disc holder and it worked fine, which makes me think it's the car and not the device.  

I also have mine hardwired in for a neater and more convenient install :smiley:

FOR SALE!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2009, 08:31:39 am »

....This latest Road Angel Connected is far better than earlier models. And your memory stick thingy isn't going to tell you your accurate speed is it?

But it's good that there is a variety of gizmos out there we can choose from. :happy2:
no speed no but beeps for cameras and keeps beeping if your speeding

Offline nc35

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 09:08:35 am »

What is it and where did you get it from?  For £40 worth keeping for when I have to drive another car.

no speed no but beeps for cameras and keeps beeping if your speeding
No Golf anymore. 
Enjoyed the last five years of ownership of Mk5 & 6 GTIs.
Plus an excellent forum for knowledge and new ways to deplete the bank account.
Thank You Everyone.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 09:30:56 am »
inforad, sell them online but think halfords do em, come with car charger which it justs slots into, leave mine in as still picks up gps, so no need to move it,