Make a donation

Author Topic: Is it illegal to remove your front plate?  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Dave_TDI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Is it illegal to remove your front plate?
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »
I had no plate on my Polo for 3 years and never got pulled for it, took the plate off my gti and got pulled within a few hours  :grin:

The copper that pulled me (CID in an S3 Sportback with plate MX13 CYA  :wink:) told me legally it has to be infront of the front axel and below the headlights

Offline aarondsg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »
I had a jobsworth swerve do a u turn nearly. Cause a crash just to chase after me. And give me. My. Fine
It depends on the officer

I wasn't making a statement about all police officers
Police man are all human beings and no one is perfect same way not all police are good at the way they deal with things or what they do
But if he took it personal I apologise it was not intended that way I don't stereotype police officers

Wow, great spelling there!

Really don't think you can call an officer a jobsworth for doing their job. If he caused an accident, then it wouldn't have happened if you had your plate on the front of the car which you are required to have by law!
Try not to play the victim next time.

Get over yourself
Don't act like your on some kind of high horse or someone superior
Always one forum warrior

I would say he is entitled to be superior in this case as he is actually a policeman!
R-Tech Power Stage 2+ Edition 30 (LC9Z)

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »
My LP story...for the 1st six years I never got pulled over, for no front LP displayed, except when going through one town full of Bored Officers. They pulled me over 6 times warning about the placement and I always gave good excuses and avoided a citation. One time I went through shortly after the fifth warning and was cited due to record of the previous warning in their system. I put my forward LP in the windowshield/screen connecting it with 4 tiny suction cups inside and they stopped pulling me over  :happy2: I'm sure, as it is here, that it all depends on where you are and who may be on patrol :|
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:42:15 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 07:28:50 pm »
My LP story...for the 1st six years I never got pulled over, for no front LP displayed, except when going through one town full of Bored Officers. They pulled me over 6 times warning about the placement and I always gave good excuses and avoided a citation. One time I went through shortly after the fifth warning and was cited due to record of the previous warning in their system. I put my forward LP in the windowshield/screen connecting it with 4 tiny suction cups inside and they stopped pulling me over  :happy2: I'm sure, as it is here, that it all depends on where you are and who may be on patrol :|

I thought you didn't have front license plates in the U.S. Or does it vary from state to state?
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline aarondsg

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 07:54:46 pm »
Varies between states in the US
R-Tech Power Stage 2+ Edition 30 (LC9Z)