Make a donation

Author Topic: A few Interior Q's  (Read 1264 times)

Offline andykent

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
A few Interior Q's
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »
Not sure if this has been asked before, but i did have a quick look and couldn't find what i was looking for.

So basically i'm looking to 'improve' the overall appearance of my gti.  I've had it a few months now and kerbed one of the alloys last week, to say i was gutted is an understatement, but it's prompted me into action.

The alloy is going in for refurb on saturday, as well as having two new conti sport 5's put on the front.

I basically have started a C**p list.  What i mean is, bits on the car i'm unhappy with.  The scuffed gear knob (DSG), the scratched door cards, the worn bulkheads (both passenger & driver sides)  etc etc.

Basically i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that would supply any of the above.  My main concern are the two front doorcards, i'm not sure how easy it will be to replace the existing door cards, or the cost?  Can anyone help? 

Also, does anyone know where might stock the mk5 Ariel, or would i be best off ordering direct from VW?  Or are there any OEM Ariels out there?

I'm going to try to get the interior of her absolutely perfect, then i can move to the engine bay, before finally giving some attention to the paintwork!  I'm not really interested in 'Modding' her too much, just want a nice standard Mk5 that's clean and as close to the day it left the factory as possibly. 

Oh and one final question.  I've got a few stains on my driver and passenger seats that are from washing the car, opening the door and not realising i'd dripped soap/suds onto them, anyone recommend a decent shampoo that would get these out? 

Cheers for all and any suggestions chaps!

Offline MichaelR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
  • I love Nutella.
    • My Flickr
Re: A few Interior Q's
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »
Reflex ED30 #2082
295 bhp / 315 ft·lb

Offline bbfb10

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83664.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »
Id look on ebay and at local breakers yards for the parts youre after, lm sure some on here have had some success using breakers yards.

Full VCDS Hex + Can.

Offline Tortaruga

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »
A VW dealer might be the best place to get those interior bits. They're often not as pricey as you might think.
'07 Red manual

Offline Leebo310

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:01 am »
Oh and one final question.  I've got a few stains on my driver and passenger seats that are from washing the car, opening the door and not realising i'd dripped soap/suds onto them, anyone recommend a decent shampoo that would get these out? 

Auto Finnesse Total Interior cleaner worked really well for me mate. My wife spilt sweet and sour sauce in the footwell of our A6 and then left it there for two weeks before telling me! AF got it all out completely, with just a couple of applications. Was really impressed with it.
55 plate GTI DSG / Revo remap / Miltek cat back exhaust / Evolution Motorsport Induction Kit / Sony XAV 62-BT head unit/ LED Rear numberplate lights

Offline MichaelR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
  • I love Nutella.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 11:55:57 am »
A weak solution of Megs all purpose cleaner will sort that
Reflex ED30 #2082
295 bhp / 315 ft·lb