Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk 7 R  (Read 31392 times)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
Re: Mk 7 R
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:24 pm »
Guess that's how ABT got 370hp from it, even MTM are quoting 360hp  :surprised:

There supposedly a tuner in Germany that's got 450hp from an S3 with hardware... No link to that though...

Offline Chrismeardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 11:30:03 am »
Does anyone know how VW have improved the economy as well as increasing the power? They are quoting some crazy MPG figures for a 300BHP car... which IMO is one of the main reasons its more attractive than a Mk6 R.

I'll be test driving one when they are available and the early issues show no teething issues (which are inevitable on a new car)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 12:19:37 pm »
Does anyone know how VW have improved the economy as well as increasing the power? They are quoting some crazy MPG figures for a 300BHP car... which IMO is one of the main reasons its more attractive than a Mk6 R.

I'll be test driving one when they are available and the early issues show no teething issues (which are inevitable on a new car)

Weight saving!!

also - less friction in the engine/ gearbox, more aerodynamic, better combusion in the cylinders etc. . .  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 02:14:35 pm »
Another improvement includes the addition of indirect injection to supplement the FSI direction injection system when operating under partial load. By utilizing this feature, this lowers consumption and particulate emissions, balancing the direct injection system that is utilized more efficiently at startup and under higher loads.

We''l see what the figures are in the real world as there is stop start in the mix as well

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2013, 03:49:25 pm »
I'm sure I read a while ago that it'll have indirect injection as well as direct injection oh and they have a plastic sump  :sick:

If that's true....

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

However in the press release link above it says it has direct injection..  :driver:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2013, 04:06:50 pm »
Yes the sump is plastic but reinforced plastic it's tough.

Indirect injection is there to keep the valves clean

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:53 am »

It might not get near them, actual and "claimed" figures are always poles apart in my experience, but who knows proof will be in the pudding as they say and I think manufacturers have had to change they way they come to these figures now to make them more accurate now?
It would be interesting to hear from any Mk7 Gti owners to see if they're getting anywhere near the combined 44mpg being claimed.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2013, 09:32:05 am »

It might not get near them, actual and "claimed" figures are always poles apart in my experience, but who knows proof will be in the pudding as they say and I think manufacturers have had to change they way they come to these figures now to make them more accurate now?
It would be interesting to hear from any Mk7 Gti owners to see if they're getting anywhere near the combined 44mpg being claimed.

I've found Combined figures on my GTI's can be achieved. I would say take around 5 off the combined figure for a more accurate day to day mpg.

Economy is very dependent on driving conditions...stop/start driving kills mpg.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2013, 10:39:24 pm »
Got to remember that this is the second fastest hot hatch out there at the moment round the ring, so it is an impressive machine out the box.  :happy2:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45:54 pm »
Got to remember that this is the second fastest hot hatch out there at the moment round the ring, so it is an impressive machine out the box.  :happy2:

what after the A45 AMG?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2013, 11:21:43 pm »
'07 Red manual

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:21 pm »
Wish they made a Supercharged R32 so it wouldn't get such a slating... gave one some grief today, I was pulling on it, but hearing it at full chat was fun.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2013, 02:26:21 am »

what after the A45 AMG?

4th fastest "officially"

Slower than the megane
Slower than the mk7 GolfR
Slower than the a45 AMG

Do I genuinely believe a stock off the showroom floor megane sport would beat the m135i though , IMO no.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2013, 09:41:53 am »
Where's the R's Ring lap info?

I can see a few claims to the time, but no info as to who set it (Sport Auto, VW, etc.)

If they've made the kind of progress they should have done, it's certainly in the right ballpark with that time.
Sideways yo!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2013, 09:42:47 am »
No i was talking about the MK7 golf R at the moment its the second fastest Hot hatch roound the ring

Megane 265 Rs
Golf R Mk7

Very impressive :happy2:, its even quicker than the BMW 1M Coupe !! not by much right enough.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN