Make a donation

Author Topic: Ergh... £30 for driving in a bus lane  (Read 2628 times)

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Ergh... £30 for driving in a bus lane
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 09:38:40 am »
Surely if you're in an area you don't know you should be extra careful?
Ignorance is not an excuse haha  :confused:

I'm not saying ignorance is an excuse. I don't think anyone is. Clearly the cameras are there so those local to the area don't break the rules. The down side is others visiting sometimes get caught out.

But when all you're relying on is a single sign, you're late and you've got the sat nav on it's easy for a "foreigner" to go down a restricted access road. It wasn't JUST a bus lane where the road was painted bright red for anyone to see.

But I suppose you've never made a mistake on the road in your life hence your quickness to judge me and others
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:40:25 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b50bfoquml4q6q62p4tu5cg72a&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 09:48:55 am »
I once drove through a tram station in Nottingham... And got a fine. It was a mistake. I paid the fine. End of problem.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:39 pm »
Surely if you're in an area you don't know you should be extra careful?
Ignorance is not an excuse haha  :confused:

I'm not saying ignorance is an excuse. I don't think anyone is. Clearly the cameras are there so those local to the area don't break the rules. The down side is others visiting sometimes get caught out.

But when all you're relying on is a single sign, you're late and you've got the sat nav on it's easy for a "foreigner" to go down a restricted access road. It wasn't JUST a bus lane where the road was painted bright red for anyone to see.

But I suppose you've never made a mistake on the road in your life hence your quickness to judge me and others

:confused:

Are you mad bro?

I've never been fined for driving in a bus lane, going through a no-entry/unrestricted area/etc. I have made plenty of mistakes but when I do, I learn from it  :wink:

Driving on sat nav - Obviously don't know where you are so extra attention should be paid. Foreigner or not. If you're late then that indicates you're going to be driving faster ergo you should be paying EXTRA attention.

I'm sure plenty of people who visit the town don't fall foul of the signs... I'm just hearing excuses to be honest.  :ashamed: