Make a donation

Author Topic: Best tyre for around £100 a corner - ( F1 Asym or Vredestein Sessanta?)  (Read 4907 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Best tyre for around £100 a corner - Options needed
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:26 pm »
As your in bradford west yorks, check out clickontyres in shipley, you'll get goodyear eagle f1's fitted at approx £114 a corner and im sure there is still a fuel voucher offer on which will compensate the cost.   :happy2:

http://www.clickontyres.co.uk/buy-tyres-online/?ct-tyre-finder-width=225&ct-tyre-finder-profile=40&ct-tyre-finder-diameter=18&ct-tyre-finder-speed=Y#refine=true&page_ids=86,&price_min=60&sizes=225-40-18-Y&rows=12

prices plus fitting, so £113.78 a corner, then £40 fuel voucher for two 18" tyres, so about the same as fitting part worns.  :drinking:

got any more details on this deal?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline nicky

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 09:52:11 pm »
Falkens n nankangs brave man haha.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 09:54:52 pm »
As your in bradford west yorks, check out clickontyres in shipley, you'll get goodyear eagle f1's fitted at approx £114 a corner and im sure there is still a fuel voucher offer on which will compensate the cost.   :happy2:

http://www.clickontyres.co.uk/buy-tyres-online/?ct-tyre-finder-width=225&ct-tyre-finder-profile=40&ct-tyre-finder-diameter=18&ct-tyre-finder-speed=Y#refine=true&page_ids=86,&price_min=60&sizes=225-40-18-Y&rows=12

prices plus fitting, so £113.78 a corner, then £40 fuel voucher for two 18" tyres, so about the same as fitting part worns.  :drinking:

got any more details on this deal?

check out the website  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
Can't Beat a Vredestein Sessanta.

Very very good in the dry, AMAZING in the wet and work very well for a summer tyre in the snow.

£75 a corner in 17s from Camskill
As you don't post tyre size (WHY??? as 18s cost more obviously..) I will assume that's what you have ;)

I'd avoid the 18's as these get very noisy once you wear past 50% tread.
Have had 2 sets of these and had enough.

Have gone onto Goodyear Eagle f1 Asym 2's and these are much better and a lot quieter.They offer equal grip to the Vreds in all conditions.

HMMMM No they don't. And the Eagles are not quite as good as the Vreds in the rain and in the winter it's not even a competition the Sessantas will keep going where the Eagles will be spinning.

I have 215/35/18 Sessantas as well as the 225/45s I've ran on my old TDI and I've just got new 215/40 and 225/45 17s for my winters. The 18's have done about 7k and I still have about 3/4 of the tread left on the fronts. Considering I am on air ride so my geometery is ALWAYS changing , I'd say they don't wear out faster and are no noiser than similar tyres.
Just my 2c ;)

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 09:59:07 pm »
My friend rates his Vreds, I'm new to Goodyear Eagle F1s, but lots of friends have these on S3s etc seem to rate them highly. I'll be keeping them on the 18" and using them when I go (if) I go 19"
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:12 pm »
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's, think they're £100 from Camskill and are a really good tyre!
x2 :happy2:

x3

but £94.81 + £8 delivery so £197.62 total.  + Fitting and balancing. from lovetyres.com

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Best tyre for around £100 a corner - ( F1 Asym or Vredestein Sessanta?)
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 12:03:09 am »
Narrowed it down to the 2 then:

F1 Asym or Vredestein Sessanta - Need to pick by tomorrow - the only thing putting me of the Sessanta if the fuel rating - its an F (sames as winter tyres)  :scared:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 01:50:39 am »
Can't say I've noticed anything bad with the Sessantas RE fuel...the EU tyre rating stuff is all crap, the same tyres in different load ratings get different wet braking results... ahahahahhahahahaahhahahaahahahahahahahahah  :star: :star:

You will get more people saying Eagle Assy 2 because more people have tried it. How many have had both tyres? More to the point who's really heard of Vredestein.

Offline Cooper

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 07:19:35 am »
I've had both and much preferred the Eagle F1's, better grip and I found the Vredestein's were a little soft and wore out too quickly
C63
SQ5

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2013, 09:16:45 am »
Not a fan of the Vredestein's, underwhelming tyres in my experience. Had them on my previous GTI and when I bought the Eddy I needed new tyres (all round) so after some recommendations I got a set of GY F1 2's and they've lasted for over 2 years, will need new fronts soon after 16k miles.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 10:10:07 am »
I've had both too, the vred's are a good tyre but the goodyear's get it for me. Better dry and wet handling and last longer  :happy2:

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:23 am »
Ive had both, initailly the vred's were fine good all round grip, but half way life they became noisy and lost lots of grip. Now running eagle f1 asy 2's, much quiter tyre, so far very happy and worked out cheaper with the fuel card!!!!  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
I've just had all four tyres on my Ed30 replaced with Goodyear Eagle Assy 2's and have now got them scrubbed in.
To start with, I noticed a huge reduction in noise from them compared to the BF Goodrich ditchfinders that were on the front and also they seemed to improve fuel efficiency significantly.
Now that it's been a month or so of use, I can safely say that on some road surfaces they rumble a bit but all in all, I would rate them quite highly.;D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:56 am »
Can't say I've noticed anything bad with the Sessantas RE fuel...the EU tyre rating stuff is all crap, the same tyres in different load ratings get different wet braking results... ahahahahhahahahaahhahahaahahahahahahahahah  :star: :star:

You will get more people saying Eagle Assy 2 because more people have tried it. How many have had both tyres? More to the point who's really heard of Vredestein.

Jay has a very valid point, I alike many other can confirm that the Eagle Assy 2's are very good tyres but I can only compare them to the likes of yoko and toyo.

Looks wise F1's are gorgeous mind you!

Old man has Vreds on his GTO and rates them!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2013, 01:18:52 pm »
^^^^ everyone (so far) in this thread who've had both the Goodyear's and the Vredestein's rate the GY's as better tyres out of the 2 in question, it's not the other way round.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~