Make a donation

Author Topic: Pics of R20.....  (Read 46704 times)

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
Re: Pics of R20.....
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2009, 10:53:29 pm »
i'm in know rush to get shot of the pirelli as that car has exceeded expectations, when figures stack up roc will be gone like a shot  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:34 pm »
^^^^
Have you gone off your Rocco, Andy? Yours is a very fine example. Personally I'm still not keen on the Rocco from certain angles but that's only my particular taste.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2009, 11:16:47 pm »
it looks nice but not for me thanks i love my ed30 too much pure and simple  :laugh: and by the time u have spent all that money changing to the mk6 you could have done so much to your car and it would destroy that all day long  :laugh: infact u could 4 mo a mk5 if you had the balls  :laugh:

Would be cheaper to turbo an R32, more power and already 4motion  :evilgrin:

Nail on head :congrats:
Golf R gone.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2009, 11:21:14 pm »
Thing is though guys regardless of cost this is the car that we have all been praying VW would make.
 I never thought for one minute that it was going to be 26 - 27 grand.   :party:
Once a few people have gone stage 2 + and they are flying up the strip. Then i guess we will all be selling kidneys.  :rolleye:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2009, 11:22:59 pm »
^^^^
Have you gone off your Rocco, Andy? Yours is a very fine example. Personally I'm still not keen on the Rocco from certain angles but that's only my particular taste.

i want a Golf R more robin, done the rocco thing not really fussed about another, simples  :party:  :party:  :party:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2009, 11:29:44 pm »

Thing is though guys regardless of cost this is the car that we have all been praying VW would make.

Once a few people have gone stage 2 + and they are flying up the strip. Then i guess we will all be selling kidneys.  :rolleye:

....If you or I ordered the new Golf R we'd deff be including Recaro's methinks. I've forgotten if your Mk5 is DSG or not, but you doubtless get my drift: The optional extras are guaranteed to add a few grand. And then there's one or two or three or four, mods!

Plus it's always wise to wait for a car to be out for about a year. So we are looking at 2011 perhaps. By which time I'll probably have hit 100k miles :laugh:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #231 on: September 18, 2009, 12:57:51 am »

....If you or I ordered the new Golf R we'd deff be including Recaro's methinks. I've forgotten if your Mk5 is DSG or not, but you doubtless get my drift: The optional extras are guaranteed to add a few grand. And then there's one or two or three or four, mods!

Plus it's always wise to wait for a car to be out for about a year. So we are looking at 2011 perhaps. By which time I'll probably have hit 100k miles :laugh:

2011, the year of the rs3, and the mk3 cupra  :drool:

Offline Kinbin

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • "Go-getter kid-at-heart with a need for speed"
« Reply #232 on: September 18, 2009, 04:48:51 am »

maybe we ought to start a new post for a group-buy for kidneys to gauge supply and demand of kidneys then.  :laugh: NHS will be having a field day 

And then there are different classes of them as well. Those who have been riding ED30, Mk V Standard, Mk V Mods, etc. each class at a different price structure. :evilgrin:

The Mental Image And Feel Of My GTI; BQM-167 Skeeter Drone - Dodging Low Level Supersonic Jets @99.5% Survivability, Mach 0.95

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:33 am »

Thing is though TC if the weight of the new R is anything to go by, i'm not sure we will..  :sad1:

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2009, 10:06:16 am »
infact u could 4 mo a mk5 if you had the balls  :laugh:
clearly i havent :ashamed:

Good point though Matt :happy2:
It's just been done by a friend of mine on his MK5 GTI.  Will be on the road shortly.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2009, 10:09:36 am »

It's just been done by a friend of mine on his MK5 GTI.  Will be on the road shortly.

Need details....

Cost
spec
who did the conversion
 :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2009, 10:17:50 am »

Need details....

Cost
spec
who did the conversion

Hahahahaha  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:
The words gimme gimme gimme spring to mind John!

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2009, 02:38:32 pm »

Need details....

Cost
spec
who did the conversion

It's Allan Fishburn's new project car at The Golf Centre in Darlington.  Audi 4wd system is in, boot just needs tidying up because the spare wheel well had to be removed.  I'll post more details once it's completely finished.

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2009, 02:42:02 pm »

me three! although id prob go manual rather than dsg but i woudnt rule it out!  :happy2:
Candy

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2009, 02:59:58 pm »

Need details....

Cost
spec
who did the conversion

It's Allan Fishburn's new project car at The Golf Centre in Darlington.  Audi 4wd system is in, boot just needs tidying up because the spare wheel well had to be removed.  I'll post more details once it's completely finished.

MMM will be interested to see this. Been thinking maybe that I would be better off making the cupra 4wd with a BT application instead of being a evo and having to insure the evo and the cupra.

However Ive been looking into getting a evo 4wd system in the car, instead of haldex, not sure yet whether it can be done, getting in contact with some of the major evo players.