Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuse number 4 keeps blowing  (Read 3341 times)

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
Fuse number 4 keeps blowing
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:05:35 am »
I could really use some help :( I have a problem with fuse number 4 going out on my MY2007 GTI. I have had the problem for a while and its a strange one, because in normal usage of the car it doesnt blow. But when car is left ignition ON, but engine OFF, it will go. So it will go out for example during maintenance operations.

Basicly when it goes, the climatronic stops blowing and oil level sensor gives a fault. It was at dealers for other maintenance work and they tried to pinpoint the problem with removing the wiring from climatronic and oil level sensor but it didnt help. So I was left with this issue and separate time should have been booked with electrician.

They suspected the wiring for the oil level sensor, some models seems to have problems with it, but they checked that it shouldnt affect mine. I guess this would be logical step to go through. Its just a lot hassle and I havent really had motivation to start going through it :(

Has anyone else faced this issue? If you have heard about anything which might be related to this, please tell me some details.. I think I need a hug :) 

Its a 5A fuse and according to some documents it might include these items:
G266 - oil level thermal sensor
M17 - backup lamps
J255 - climatronic control module
G65 - high pressure sensor
E16 - heater/heat output switch
J530 - garage door opener control module
N253 - battery interrupt igniter
Y7 - automatic day night interior mirror
E422 - tire pressure monitoring display button
K216 - ASR/ESP control lamp 2
Z20 - left washer nozzle heater
Z21 - right washer nozzle heater
L71 - antislip regulation (ASR) switch illumination

Does the Z20 and Z21 refer to windshield washer heater or headlamp washer heater? Arent they both heated?