Make a donation

Author Topic: Has anybody plasti dipped?...... Opted for Matt Black now  (Read 11694 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Has anybody plasti dipped?...... Opted for Matt Black now
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2013, 09:42:11 pm »
Also, makes sure the paint isn't too cold, as it spits like a b!tch, I found this out on a couple of cans... you can warm them gently in a tub of luke warm water... it sprays a nice fine mist then, something worth considering esp. with the temps dropping. :happy2:

Offline Ant.W28LKR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:36 pm »
Also, makes sure the paint isn't too cold, as it spits like a b!tch, I found this out on a couple of cans... you can warm them gently in a tub of luke warm water... it sprays a nice fine mist then, something worth considering esp. with the temps dropping. :happy2:

I done mine in the garden shed. The cans of paint were room temp and it went on just fine.

Offline bower

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2013, 11:56:52 pm »
where did u get the paint from? youve inspired me to do it lol, do u notice any kerbing as much?

Offline Ant.W28LKR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52:34 am »
where did u get the paint from? youve inspired me to do it lol, do u notice any kerbing as much?

I bought mine via  eBay shop but it was a company called Frost Auto.  You can build up the paint a little bit on the kerbing but not enough to make it vanish although the black hides it more.