Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 717 times)

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:47:51 pm »
Hi all. So I've coveted the mk5 gti for many years. I never thought I would be in the financial position to own one and never believed my insurance would become so cheap that it would actually become a sensible choice.

For the last few years I've been living in a world of 4x4 diesels which I love, but the time has come for me to move on I think, I'm letting my ranger go she is slow, thirsty (with mods), noisy and corners like a wardrobe on jelly but she has also been the hardest most reliable vehicle I have owned and she will be missed. Nothing compared to slipping in 4wd last year and cruising through the snow, overtaking all the peeps who have tormented me on winding roads for the last 3 years.

I'm waffling just introducing myself and picking your brains. I'm confused by a few things with this vehicle.

-service intervals two options I believe long and short. What are they as in mileage so a 60.000 mile car should have six stamps etc or more.

-can the radio be upgraded easily I.e can you install the vw sat nav in it easily.

-the dsg worries me beautiful design but lots to go wrong what would your recommendations be.

Thanks I hope I'm not annoying anyone have done lots of reading but sometimes just need straight answers.  Any help would be great.

Cheers to