Make a donation

Author Topic: Need advice about a DPF issue  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Chrisuk1975

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Need advice about a DPF issue
« on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
Hey guys, ok my gt tdi 170 has been giving error codes for the last couple of months, keeps going into limp mode etc. here's a few of the codes (there have been a couple of others I forgot to note hahaha!)

P0673 - cylinder glow plug circuit open
P0473 - exhaust pressure sensor A circuit high
P2002 - diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold bank 1

Bloody DPF is a pain in the arse, I've been looking to get it removed and recoded etc as I've read that a knackered DPF can cause all these errors, just wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere near Basingstoke, Hants? Preferably that won't charge the earth ;)

There is a place on ebay that does it for £350 but it's up in Birmingham, too far for me :/

Any help would be appreciated thanks :) :)

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Need advice about a DPF issue
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:15:54 am »
Too far to drive an hour and a half to Birmingham? Everyone expects everything on their doorstep..

Any custom exhaust shop should be able to remove the DPF and replace it with some stainless steel pipe, it would then need coding out.. Any decent ECU tuner should be able to do that  :happy2:
that would be the easiest thing.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »
I agree you need to get rid. They cause all sorts of issues. I can personally recommend the Darkside Developments delete pipe. Lovely bit of kit. Also nicer and cheaper than the Milltek version.

As for fitting you're just over an hour from Alex at AKS who fitted mine.

Obviously you will need the software but not sure who is local to you that I would trust. Mine is currently running Shark software but is being binned in the near future.

Offline Chrisuk1975

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:43:51 pm »
Ok Birmingham isn't really too far, I could make it there but last time I went I was actually scared for my life so that's another reason I won't go hahahah! :)

Ok I've found that pipe for £300, it says the pipe is 3" so will need a 'reducer'.....so do I need to buy something extra?

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:57:26 pm »
Yeah will need a reducer to go from 3" to the standard pipe assuming you have the standard system. These can be bought from Milltek. Alex sorted mine out.