Make a donation

Poll

So who will win the 1/4 dash JoesGTI or Phil Mcavity.

Joe
14 (45.2%)
Phil
17 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: The meeting of two stags.  (Read 27552 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: The meeting of two stags.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 03:53:14 pm »
Come on phil, dsg a 30bhp advantage :signLOL:
I think 10-15 tops. Joe could always leave his foot planted when shifting to keep the turbo spinning all the time :evilgrin:

the trick isnt to keep it planted, but not to fully let off!  :evilgrin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »
Iv gotta back Joe, come on young gun!
Candy

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2008, 09:26:34 am »
Iv gotta back Joe, come on young gun!

:happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :jumpmove:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2008, 12:53:09 pm »
Mmmm decisions, decisions...  :confused:
I haven't voted yet as i'm not entirely sure as to who will get there results flash up first.. The biggest factor here will be who gets  off the line the best. If both cars are at the 60ft or even the 330ft marker level together, then I would fancy Phil's to nip it.. HOWEVER, if Joe gets his off the line without lighting up, the extra torque shove he will get will initially give him a nice lead, especially if he's on the ball with his reaction times, as Phil will suffer from the infamous DSG launch control pause, like this... :sad:
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff284/lucachiarelli/?action=view&current=MOV00046.flv
I actually took my foot of the brake before Matt moved too..  :sad:
If that happens I don't think Phil will pull that back on the 1/4 mile, as it will over to soon..
I for one can't wait to see it?   :jumping:

Why stop there TC, why not pair a load of other people off together (with similar spec/power) for a mini forum shoot out???  :jumping:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:19:15 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2008, 01:00:16 pm »
I haven't voted yet as i'm not entirely sure as to who will get there results flash up first.. The biggest factor here will be who get get off the line the best. If both cars are at the 60ft or even the 330ft marker level together, then I would fancy Phil's to nip it.. HOWEVER, if Joe gets his off the line without lighting up, the extra torque shove he will get will initially give him a nice lead (especially if he's on the ball with his reaction times, as Phil will suffer from the infamous DSG launch control pause  :sad:) and I don't think Phil will pull that back on the 1/4 mile, as it will over to soon..

Why stop there TC, why not pair a load of other people off together (with similar spec/power) for a mini forum shoot out???  :jumping:

good idea,  yes i can see it evolving like that to be honest Ben, the list is pretty much confirmed now we will maybe get one or two more names so after christmas i think i will start putting something like that together. :happy2:

Who do you want me to pair you with Ben Johnny C or your understudy luca.  :grin:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 01:03:14 pm »
id like to see ben and hurdy have a blast!!  :jumpmove:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 01:08:51 pm »
I don't mind who i'm paired with to be honest. It'll be a bloody good day either way..
JonnyC will probably have some fire breathing, tarmac rippling, 400+bhp engine that spits fuel at you by then..  :grin:
Think me and Hurdy would be a fair comparison. He does have a fair few more mods, but not a MASSIVE power difference and they are both DSG too..
Or the Team dynamic crew could also fight it out.. (Me, John and Luca  :grin:)

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 01:26:10 pm »
I don't mind who i'm paired with to be honest. It'll be a bloody good day either way..
JonnyC will probably have some fire breathing, tarmac rippling, 400+bhp engine that spits fuel at you by then..  :grin:
Think me and Hurdy would be a fair comparison. He does have a fair few more mods, but not a MASSIVE power difference and they are both DSG too..

Team dynamics shootout :grin:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2008, 01:32:23 pm »
We wil have look after christmas, if we can get good match ups like Joe and Phil then it should be excellent. there cars could not be more different but on paper they look very equally matched.  :jumpmove:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:18 pm »

Team dynamics shootout :grin:

:happy2: Hopefully I'll be all Quaiffed up by then too :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 03:01:08 pm »
I haven't voted yet as i'm not entirely sure as to who will get there results flash up first.. The biggest factor here will be who get get off the line the best. If both cars are at the 60ft or even the 330ft marker level together, then I would fancy Phil's to nip it.. HOWEVER, if Joe gets his off the line without lighting up, the extra torque shove he will get will initially give him a nice lead (especially if he's on the ball with his reaction times, as Phil will suffer from the infamous DSG launch control pause  :sad:) and I don't think Phil will pull that back on the 1/4 mile, as it will over to soon..

good idea,  yes i can see it evolving like that to be honest Ben, the list is pretty much confirmed now we will maybe get one or two more names so after christmas i think i will start putting something like that together. :happy2:

Who do you want me to pair you with Ben Johnny C or your understudy luca.  :grin:

I'll go against anyone, me vs ben would be a good one, to see how much advantage the dsg gives over manual as our cars have identical mods :smiley:.
Im not competetive, you will see as i usually like lining up against really really quick cars that i have no chance against just so i can hear them at full throttle next to me 8). Last time i was there, i went up against an e60 m5 with a full exhaust system, an rx7 with a tuned 5.7 corvette engine, full on yank muscle car that ran 10 dead :drool:.

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 03:49:41 pm »
Hoping for a better start than at Bruntingthorpe, my 1st time at the sprinting game managed 14.1 and 5.5 0-60, the LSD may help now and not falling asleep at the wheel :ashamed:

http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/neilmelvin/?action=view&current=Bruntingthorpesprint55sec.flv

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 03:59:03 pm »
Im looking foward to this, rumour has it that phylis is having a Xmas present to give me a good shout down Santa Pod  :wink:

Likes been said, launch control will delay my start but hopefully be able to catch joe later down the quarter mile.

Shall be a VERY close battle.

My hotel will be booked for a stay over the night before. :xmassmiley:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 04:01:11 pm »
I will take you on Luca if you fancy it...similar modifications. Would be a good battle  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 04:21:32 pm »
No problem tom, you only have the fuel pump over me so should all depend on the launch :wink:
Is your manual?