Make a donation

Author Topic: Any Idea's on my TPMS  (Read 1637 times)

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
Any Idea's on my TPMS
« on: February 07, 2012, 08:04:52 am »
Ok, so as some of you saw last year december I tried a cluster swap with a cheater Vag K+Can Commander 1.4.

Let's just say it was a disaster? It never worked so I reverted back to original cluster with following few issue's.

ESP,ABS,Power Steering, Steering Assist, not working.

Since I worked thru the Ross-tech suggestions for recalibrating the G85 and G200/G201 sensor. Which would not work at all btw.
I some how managed to get TPMS (only basic, Tire pressure only system) into what appears to be a output test function.

VW over here in NZ, managed to reset all the settings but the TPMS. So now I have it constantly flashing on the Dash,
It's getting pretty annoying now. If I go into ABS and remove TPMS from coding, ABS simply keeps flashing and never goes away.
f I re-enable the TPMS coding, ABS flashes about 8-12 times then goes away. However TPMS keeps flashing.

If you try and do a new default setting from the Button. The TPMS on clusters lights up solidly and will not go out. As soon as I let go of the button it merely starts flashing again.

I have scanned the whole car and it has no error codes anywhere on any of the controllers.

So If anyone maybe able to help or point me in a direction I can likely try and follow this would be a great help.

Thanks

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Any Idea's on my TPMS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 12:05:36 pm »
Check your coding - IIRC, there are two different types of coding available - one for 'direct acting' (ie, measures the actual pressure) and one for 'indirect acting' (the less efficient version which uses the ABS speed sensors).
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »
I know my car has the lesser of the two.
As I only get errors if I enable either 65- tire pressure monitoring or 4C tire pressure monitoring II.

Any idea what the codes are suppose to be?
Because the ABS controller only list with or without TPMS.

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »
I retrofitted TPMS (passive monitoring) and enabled these blocks with faults too. I believe they are for active monitoring (i.e., not the one you may have).

To activate it, I went into 03-ABS and deleted 16384 from the coding, that's all.

Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54:59 pm »
I retrofitted TPMS (passive monitoring) and enabled these blocks with faults too. I believe they are for active monitoring (i.e., not the one you may have).

To activate it, I went into 03-ABS and deleted 16384 from the coding, that's all.

My current coding in ABS is 0004738. So if I add the 16384. Then I get to disable it.
But would really like to get it working again if possible.