Make a donation

Author Topic: Rcd510 ipod dock problems pausing  (Read 992 times)

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Rcd510 ipod dock problems pausing
« on: November 22, 2013, 08:40:50 pm »
Hi all, I have just installed an RCD510 and did the wire switching where you change 3 wires in the blue plug to make the original ipod connector in the armrest work. It does seem to work and charge but sometimes it goes crazy starting as  stopping the music, and has a lot of alternator whine in the back group and general humming. What can I do to sort this? And if I get a MDI in the future will it definitely not do this?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:25:52 pm by jbenekeorr »

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Rcd510 ipod dock problems interference
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »
Bump?

Today I moved pin 3 back to pin 2 which got rid of the interference. But it is still pausing the music repeatedly. It managed about 15 minutes working perfectly before stopping the music. Now when you plug the phone in it repeatedly pauses. I think it is due to the buttons on the rcd510 being greyed out which you would pause the music etc with.

Any ideas? I could get an MDI but I want to be sure it wouldn't do this

Also thought of changing the ipod dock to an aux kit instead. Not sure where to get the bits though
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:26:55 pm by jbenekeorr »

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Rcd510 ipod dock problems pausing
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
Bump again!

I have ordered a 3.5mm cable which seems to have the same connector as the blue connector that goes into the headunit which I hope I could do the pin swap on. I've also ordered an apple to 3.5mm adaptor to see if that would work.

Gutted as I only really use my phone for music :(