Make a donation

Author Topic: Urgent Advice please  (Read 15735 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: Urgent Advice please
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2013, 05:43:38 am »
So no car today again.

Apparently been getting the software update all day but not finished.

They have said it will be left overnight to complete the update and guaranteed it will be ready for tomorrow morning. I did advise how can you be committing to another date after the issue the car has had since it went in 3 weeks ago.

So they are ringing me tomorrow morning as soon as ready or more to my fear maybe to say software update complete and have hit another issue.

I asked if these software updates have an average time length but they advised they do not know how long it will take which I find hard to believe.

Anyone have any idea on how long these should take?

:signLOL: maybe they are on 56k dial up.

I can't see ECU software being massive, rather than tell you they didn't do the update they decided to tell you some rubbish about taking over night lol.

They will prob do it in the morning, I imagine....30mins lol

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
  • -Given: 200
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2013, 09:58:04 am »
So no car today again.

Apparently been getting the software update all day but not finished.

They have said it will be left overnight to complete the update and guaranteed it will be ready for tomorrow morning. I did advise how can you be committing to another date after the issue the car has had since it went in 3 weeks ago.

So they are ringing me tomorrow morning as soon as ready or more to my fear maybe to say software update complete and have hit another issue.

I asked if these software updates have an average time length but they advised they do not know how long it will take which I find hard to believe.

Anyone have any idea on how long these should take?

:signLOL: maybe they are on 56k dial up.

I can't see ECU software being massive, rather than tell you they didn't do the update they decided to tell you some rubbish about taking over night lol.

They will prob do it in the morning, I imagine....30mins lol

I would be surprised. I might walk by the VW dealer and see if I can hear the dial up modem dialing in  :surprised:

Yeah it does seem they have seemed very shifty and vague over the last week but I can only go off what they are telling me and as long as I get all the receipts showing that the Engine and Fuel Pump have been replaced with brand new parts then that is fine.

I am now working from home awaiting the call to say it is ready this morning but am still dreading that I either get no call or get a call saying still not done or there are other problems. I have no clue about software updates on a car but does seem a very long time to do an update.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:40 am »
Well surprise surprise I have just rang the garage and VW have found an issue and need to fix before letting the car go.

They have no clue what it is or when it will be fixed so god knows what is happening now.

On the good side I am now getting a loan car sent over so am mobile.

This is feeling like it will be carrying on for another few weeks at this rate and longer with Christmas halting everything in between  :confused:

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2013, 11:27:43 am »
Hope it's not long till they fix it!!

What loan car are you getting?

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »
Your car was was ok other than this fault wasn't it?

I'm still puzzled - straight forward job, exchange engine - couple other new bits etc then set up by Main Dealer!

What are we all missing here?

Everyone is loosing out the longer it's anywhere but back with you! :stupid:

Seems like a money issue to me someone not paid someone?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:55:24 pm by doylebros »

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2013, 01:13:04 pm »
some dealers are just crap at fixing the unusual, maybe their master technician is away etc.
Colchester vw had my old mk4 a week to wrongly diagnose a new £1200 diesel pump, when it was an egr valve, correctly diagnosed as a 2md opinion somewhere else....
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »
Right well finally some good new. I have now got the car back all fixed and new as of this afternoon. Bit of bad news was almost went through the front window when pressed the break as it was so responsive but I presume it is going to feel a lot more responsive and new in certain areas  :laugh:

Loan car I had was a crap Skoda hatchback thing so glad it has gone back.

Doylebros - The car was fine apart from this fault so not sure what they were doing. The engine itself they advised got ordered and fitted within 3/4 days so the remaining 2 plus weeks has been the fitting of the Fuel Pump and Software update which had this other issue they were not sure was so very confusing.

Not sure what the issue with the hold up was as did not stop at the garage to enquire as I am driving to the dealer at the weekend to get all the paper work on the fault and what was done to fix for my records and also proof that there was a new engine, fuel pump and software update done. Thing is I originally was speaking direct to the garage and my dealer advised to come through them so they can manage which I said fine but then every time I rang the dealer and asked what was wrong they said not sure as VW have been speaking to the garage so what was the point of the dealer being involved I don't know. With my suspicious cap on they wanted to maybe hide stuff and did nit want me speaking direct to the garage in case they told me something I was not supposed to hear.

If it was an issue with money it was not on my side as I said them over a week ago to try and speed things up when they advised I was getting the car back that day.

I am just happy to get the car back but there will be a lot of questions from me when drive down there at the weekend.

I feel I just post in the new members section again and a pic of my car as feels I have been away too long.

Thanks all for your advice through this painful ordeal but hopefully behind me now.

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:43 pm »
Pleasing to read you've got your wheels back.

I'm looking forward too the answers for the delay! - keep us posted.

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2013, 10:01:36 pm »
Pleasing to read you've got your wheels back.

I'm looking forward too the answers for the delay! - keep us posted.

Will do mate.

Gonna show the poor girl some love now by buying her some mod and audio upgrades. How totally generous of myself too  :wink:

Offline sootpig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2013, 04:58:08 pm »
"I would be surprised. I might walk by the VW dealer and see if I can hear the dial up modem dialing in"   :grin:
 Along story but I hung in till the end  VW had my car for 5 hrs and I was beside myself
 Pleased you got it back new engine(new car feeling) :happy2:

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
"I would be surprised. I might walk by the VW dealer and see if I can hear the dial up modem dialing in"   :grin:
 Along story but I hung in till the end  VW had my car for 5 hrs and I was beside myself
 Pleased you got it back new engine(new car feeling) :happy2:

It was a long story and think most probably avoided this forum for the last few weeks as it was depressing them  :happy2:

I know what you mean about beside yourself. I was like a little 5 year old having a tantrum every time I knew it was not coming back and do not think anyone else understood so when I finally bolted out of work to pick it up it was like an early Christmas present. Although as I pulled out the garage and tapped the brake I nearly smacked my face on the dash it was so responsive  :confused:

I keep looking out the window everyday to make sure she is still there. My last day at work for Christmas is tomorrow and cannot wait as means I get to drive the car again and before anyone says that does sound sad  :stupid:

Anyway will likely not see the dealer until after Christmas now so will post back here once I have had all the paperwork and answers off them as to what the issue was

A couple of questions however if anyone knows as not seeing dealer until after Christmas:

- Is there somewhere I can get the Engine code/part number or something that will allow me to check what exact type of engine it is. I believe it is a 1.4 TSI GT Sport 170 and feels as quick as before but wanted to double check and wasn't sure if could without having to ring the dealer and get the engine part code etc

- Apart from me having to update my V5 as presume it ill be a different engine number now is there anything else I need to update. Do I need to tell my car insurance it has a new engine etc

Offline irish_ram

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:18 am »
Anyone got any help on how I find the Engine code to find out exactly which one it is. I am not due to go to the dealer until likely next week and the car feels the same power wise as it did before but just would like to check myself and wasn't sure if there was anywhere on the main engine block that would have a code I could search on.

I presume VAGCOM would tell me straight away but do not have that.

Although might need VAGCOM as stupidly when swapping my stereo yesterday I forgot to plug the airbag cable back in before switching the car on  :ashamed: