Make a donation

Author Topic: Dilemma!  (Read 996 times)

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 6
Dilemma!
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and was wondering if people would mind giving me their two cents which might help sway my decision one way or another.

I've got a candy white ED30 and I'm seriously looking at a cat-back system at first (likely a Milltek) and have been quoted £400 and £475 respectively for the standard left sided exit and the R32 style exhaust (which I was told had the slightly shallower backbox....but was still slightly visible below the bumper :S). I was just wondering if people would advise keeping the edition looking standard or if the R32 look could be a good way to go....on one hand I like the idea of keeping the edition looking relatively standard.... but on the other I love the styling of the R32 rear.... Anyone be kind enough to offer some helpful advice which might help make my mind up?  :sad1:

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 53
  • Edition 40 No 135
Re: Dilemma!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 07:12:57 pm »

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:20:51 pm »
AHHHHH it just looks so nice! How did you feel about going away from the Edition look? Or does the look of the r32 rear just make up for it?

Would it be pretty straight forward returning to stock if i were to sell it???

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »
I loved the look of the R32 at the rear so that's why I did it. I also went for a BCS exhaust as I had a problem on a VR6 with a Milltek which I could not get them to sort out (long story and a long time ago). I have all the original parts for mine in the loft so can put the car back to the way it came out of the factory if and when I sell it in the future.

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »
Good point mate... Think i might take the plunge..... Fingers crossed!!!  :laugh:

Offline StephenED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Edition 40 No 135
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:45:14 pm »

Offline JC88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 11:16:31 pm »
Cheers mate! Bought the exhaust.. hopefully its alright. Think i might go for the ppcgb rear bumper and fill in the reflectors... Cheeky photoshop test might be in order! Checked out your thread just now. Looks tidy and definitely helped make my mind up.... Think I'll be like you where the R32 look makes it all worth while! Cant wait to get it all fitted and on the car now!!