Make a donation

Author Topic: Headlight Moisture  (Read 726 times)

Offline Mertyvw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
Headlight Moisture
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »
Hi guys ,i  still am on this forum after i sold me mk5 i thought I'll keep my self handy with you guys posting your updates, think i might get a GTI/D mk6 when i go back to uni :)

So i sold and moved on to a merc, and got a quick question for you guys what's the best way to get rid of headlight moisture , any recommendations :).

Thanks
Black 5 Door TDI with BBS Pescaras, R32 Spoiler, Tints All Round. RCD510,CAN 7NO I aint touching the Engine> Im frightened of power :D

My sig pic is still to big.

Offline DMcG

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Headlight Moisture
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:47:41 pm »
Hair dryer? Or silica pouch in the back. There must be a break in the seal somewhere though. Have you checked all the covers and clips?

Offline Gide76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »
Hair dryer worked. Remember sitting on the pavement using one on my TT headlights to get rid before selling.

It worked and somehow also seemed appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:54:14 am »
Hair dryer worked. Remember sitting on the pavement using one on my TT headlights to get rid before selling.

It worked and somehow also seemed appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grin: !

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:04:46 am »
Hi guys ,i  still am on this forum after i sold me mk5 i thought I'll keep my self handy with you guys posting your updates, think i might get a GTI/D mk6 when i go back to uni :)

So i sold and moved on to a merc, and got a quick question for you guys what's the best way to get rid of headlight moisture , any recommendations :).

Thanks

my vote would be silica pouches, in the back of the light away from electrics. they absorb water/moisture and i think if you use a hair dryer/forced heat to evaporate the water in the light you might end up with water stains/marks on the inside of the light/lens which personally would pi** me off to no end!