Make a donation

Author Topic: Got one - Edition 30  (Read 11311 times)

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Got one - Edition 30
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »
:laugh:

that is definitely the right car! spot on choice! another T;Red 3dr  :party:

is it DSG?

Its a manual bud. I was set on not having DSG, never driven a car with it but dont like the idea of it.

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 10:58:43 pm »
Stunning :love: but got so much love for your old tdi

Cheers lad, the tdi looked the part but it aint fun driving a car like that. Gets very tiring and expensive.

Offline bojann.

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »

that is definitely the right car! spot on choice! another T;Red 3dr  :party:

is it DSG?

Its a manual bud. I was set on not having DSG, never driven a car with it but dont like the idea of it.

after first time trying it, you will change the whole think about "idea". it was same for me  :happy2:

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

that is definitely the right car! spot on choice! another T;Red 3dr  :party:

is it DSG?

after first time trying it, you will change the whole think about "idea". it was same for me  :happy2:

Exactly! i wasnt so sure until i drove my dads Ed30 and it blew me away.... its just so smooth and awesome!!

lovely car you have anyway!  :happy2:
DSG No.0106 T Red

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »
Well treated the Golf to two new Dunlop Sportmaxx on the front to match the rears fairly impressed with them although I will be going Michelins next time.
Only other mod has been some osram nightbreakers and a stubby aerial lol. Until today when these showed up, cant wait to fit them this weekend. There only V1's but I just couldn't stretch any further, they will do me for what I want.

Screen shot 2014-02-03 at 18.27.12 by Purplejellyo, on Flickr

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 10:48:22 pm »
Wicked man! I can't wait to get KWs on mine as well  :laugh:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Turbonutz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 02:41:15 pm »
sweet car ;)

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 04:04:19 pm »
Perfect car nice colour right amount of door and a proper gearbox :)! And I'm glad your going to mod an edition30 the way it should be! Stay away from that silly air ride etc on this one!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:06:38 pm by Pikey Motorsports »
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline daddykool

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »
Nice ! and in the fastest colour ,Tornado is quick!!!

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »
Well done fella, a worthy and nice upgrade for sure. One I nearly made myself to the MK6 GTI but I don't earn enough paper to run a TSI/TFSI anymore  :grin: :rolleye:

Will it be as scene as your previous MK5? Keep it trim and in line if you do, these can look stunning subtly modded   :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 10:39:29 pm »
Well done fella, a worthy and nice upgrade for sure. One I nearly made myself to the MK6 GTI but I don't earn enough paper to run a TSI/TFSI anymore  :grin: :rolleye:

Will it be as scene as your previous MK5? Keep it trim and in line if you do, these can look stunning subtly modded   :happy2:

I don't really to be honest ha ha, its costing me a fortune but its worth it. Nah no scene stuff going on this time, im bored of messing around with wheel fitment and camber and rolling arches and dragging across the floor lol

Perfect car nice colour right amount of door and a proper gearbox :)! And I'm glad your going to mod an edition30 the way it should be! Stay away from that silly air ride etc on this one!

Yeah I plan on steering clear of that route! Enjoy the drivability too much! Get a few more mods on her and she will be a dream.

Wicked man! I can't wait to get KWs on mine as well  :laugh:

Funny you say that because I couldn't wait to get mine on and had to put them on tonight ha ha! Cant wait wont wait!

Night and day difference the transformation from the stock suspension, handles so flat round the corners its mad, just need to learn its limits! Rides nicer than stock not half as crashy, absolutely chuffed. Only thing is the front might be a bit too low and its scraping on the arches I assume its on the arch liner screw. Once I'm happy with the height will hopefully get booked in for an alignment next week.

Offline Jairm88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »
Very nice

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:01 pm »
Funny you say that because I couldn't wait to get mine on and had to put them on tonight ha ha! Cant wait wont wait!

Night and day difference the transformation from the stock suspension, handles so flat round the corners its mad, just need to learn its limits! Rides nicer than stock not half as crashy, absolutely chuffed. Only thing is the front might be a bit too low and its scraping on the arches I assume its on the arch liner screw. Once I'm happy with the height will hopefully get booked in for an alignment next week.

:congrats: I'm a massive fan of KWs, had V2s on my A3 before, wish I never got rid & got air  :scared: Yeah I don't want mine dragging along the floor either, hopefully with H&R ARBs & fully polybushed it'll drive sublimey well.
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

:congrats: I'm a massive fan of KWs, had V2s on my A3 before, wish I never got rid & got air  :scared: Yeah I don't want mine dragging along the floor either, hopefully with H&R ARBs & fully polybushed it'll drive sublimey well.

I almost messaged you about buying those struts of you ha! Sounds like mine and your car are going in similar directions,

These got delivered today.

. by Purplejellyo, on Flickr

H&R, FARB and a RARB  :laugh:
Bought them from DPM, ordered them sunday received today, kept up to date on the process what more do you want. Might put the rear on tomorrow and then fit the front saturday if I can get on a ramp dont fancy doing the front on the driveway had enough with the coilovers last night lol.

Offline Matt112

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 11:44:11 pm »
Coils have settled in nicely absolutely over the moon with them was unsure as to how much difference the ARB's were gonna make. Was gonna fit them both tomorrow on a ramp because I know the front is a pain from previous experiences lol. Backs very easy so thought I would put it on tonight while I was bored. Went with the 28mm front and the 24mm rear roll bars, and they are very heavy compared to stock. Put the rear on, on the soft setting and went out for a drive. It was damp outside but the difference is very noticable didnt think the handling would be much better but im chuffed! Cannot wait to get the front on tomorrow and go for a propper drive. Lift of oversteer here I come!

Here's a nice picture  :happy2:

R-ARB by Purplejellyo, on Flickr