Make a donation

Author Topic: Question for all you AV fanatics out there..  (Read 680 times)

Offline Mikeygtir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Question for all you AV fanatics out there..
« on: December 03, 2013, 10:46:16 pm »
I'm looking for some advice please, from all those fans of gadgets etc.. (i know there must be a few on here  :signLOL:)

I'm (sorry we're) moving into a new build, hopefully within the next few weeks..
The front room is 3935x6980 (12'11" x 22'8") and I've been given the green light to get my TV and Home Cinema system!

The TV i'm looking at is an LG 55LA860 Tied into the Home Cinema which is LG BH9530TW (9.1 system)

Reason i'm picking LG is  like the look of the tv itself as well as the smart remote, has a built in camera for skype (i work away) as well as the home cinema is semi-wireless (rear speakers connect to a remote amp to save running wires across room from main unit)

Does anyone have any experience of this LG setup or something similar or could they recommend something else?

Cheers

Mikey

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
Re: Question for all you AV fanatics out there..
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 08:45:59 am »
I've always cherry picked the best (I can afford) components for my system (Panasonic for the TV and Blu-Ray player) but these days all the TV's are so similar that if you're happy with the products you have chosen, GO for it!
The only thing I would say is if you have a bright room with lots of windows ( or a conservatory ) get an LED but if you like movies and the room is not over bright ( and the TV is not facing a window ) seriously consider a plasma. They are technically superior to LED and in the right conditions give a much better picture which is obviously the most important part of a TV.

Ta