Make a donation

Author Topic: Lovetyres review lovetyres.com  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Lovetyres review lovetyres.com
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:00:44 am »
Must be under new ownership because their customer service is shocking?  As they used to be quite good and above board.

Firstly ordered a set of winter boots, get all the relevant emails and they take the money and then nothing for a week. Contact them only to be told they have no stock and no idea if they will have any till next year... I was willing to swap for a different brand at a marginal increase, but they wouldn't do a deal.

So a week wasted I left it for a bit then go back on their site a few days later to see they do have stock, so I message them and they report they now have stock they had found... But the price had gone up, lol.... so I whack them in my basket to sort out later... I return with more time and CC details, pay, checkout and leave... Receive all the same emails, they take the money....

Then nothing for a few days... I contact them... Sorry we cannot process the order as there was an error on the website.... By that they mean they have increased the price of the tyres significantly but because I had them in my basket it allowed me to get them at the lower price, albeit more than the first try.... FFS!  What a waste of time.

I can understand wanting the best price for things, but to piss peps off isn't a good idea, they could have honoured the 2nd order.

I never rant post so I'm allowed one! :evilgrin:

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Lovetyres review lovetyres.com
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »
Go to camskill haha  :happy2:
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 01:15:05 pm »
Out of stock... went to Oponeo :happy2:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:15 pm »
I used a place on the net. Was really cheap..... Shame i cant remember the name of it!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:20 pm »
Having used Lovetyres this summer which came within 20 hours, I also ordered new snowtyres for the wife's car, all went through but in fairness they cancelled it as soon as they realised they could not get stock (why show as in stock then?).

I ordered from wintertyres.com thereafter and had to chase them to get it dispatched, but all in was only a few days.

I think many places this time of year allow orders from prospective stock and not physical stock - over the last few years this has happened with mytyres, clickontyres and now the above (Camskill never seem to have stock of them).
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »
I have used lovetyres three times so far and they've always delivered within 2 working days. On one occasion I ordered tyres from camskill and lovetyres at the same time and the camskill ones took ten days to arrive.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:25 pm »
That's the thing I've used them many, many times before and all has been good, using my registered account each time (spent £2k+), but felt seriously undervalued as a customer over these past two weeks, like talking to a robot and kept hiking the price, even though I'd ordered and they'd taken the money twice!!... Shame (is it under new ownership?)... I simply cannot use them again, there are far too many competitors to give my loyalty / money to.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:11:49 pm »
I guess the true value of a company like this is how they deal with things that go wrong.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.