Make a donation

Author Topic: Newbie on the lookout for a GTI!  (Read 926 times)

Offline edewer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Newbie on the lookout for a GTI!
« on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:21 pm »
Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi as looking to buy myself a GTI in the near future. drove a lovely example today, but wondering if its a stupid idea to go for the first I've seen. Excellent condition and history, but should I look some more?

Moving to Maidenhead soon, so will no doubt see other members floating about once I'm all sorted!

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Newbie on the lookout for a GTI!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:51:17 am »
Gut instinct bud!

I looked at 6 Ed30s before I went to see the one I own now, as soon as I laid eyes on it I knew it was mine.

be very careful looking through the log books and services etc, I went to see two that were advertised as FVWSH and they were both missing 20k miles of services... not even done yearly just on the mileage. :stupid:

They were also missing the essential checks when serviced and replacement parts were not logged like water pump or cam-belt etc. (when it was advertised having been done)

Pay attention to its past and make sure you are happy with it, otherwise you will just worry about getting those things sorted after the purchase.. once you are happy or you feel it is right, cosmetics and wear/tear can be sorted down the line as long as you know it will be a good runner.

Hope this kinda helps, just go with your gut and you will be fine :)

It might also help to have a second opinion with someone else who will be in the car a lot with you too, two sets of eyes are better than one when you are blinded by how shiny it is  :signLOL:

EDIT: I can guarantee the ones for sale by members on here will be very well looked after!  :driver:
DSG No.0106 T Red

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: Newbie on the lookout for a GTI!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:53 pm »
I have one for sale :D

As above though, don't rush it. I looked at 4 gtis which all had lower mileage than my one but the condition were bad with missing service history.

Love my one but need to sell as I need the money to fund house development.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline edewer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:34:13 am »
Fingers crossed I've found the one!

2007 in Shadow Blue
41k Miles!!!!
Looks to have a full history, although just waiting for confirmation on cambelt (worst case scenario it'll be done asap)
Winter pack

Just needs an RCD510 and bluetooth to be ideal for me, so not a huge cost, andits in what I think is the best colour!

Offline edewer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:20:27 pm »
have bought the above example :)

needs a good detail and a very thorough clean, along with a cam belt/water pump but I've ended up paying 6500 for it, which in my eyes is very good money for the spec!

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:31 pm »
Congrats  :happy2:

hopefully you can use the rest of your savings to get it looking,

If you have any left lol.
DSG No.0106 T Red