Make a donation

Author Topic: Very tempted by a M135i lease  (Read 14450 times)

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Very tempted by a M135i lease
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »
So 2 years driving a new BMW 1 series will cost you £7700 and you then give it back !

or

Buy an Edition 30 for £10k ish and drive that for 2 years and likely to only cost you £2k ish in depreciation , i know what i'd rather do and i will then have £5k plus towards my next car  :innocent:

Ah yes, but that assumes your Throttle body hasn't gone, or your arches need to be changed/painted due to rust (or sills or boot), or the clutch/flywheel needs doing because you definitely need to tune the Eddy to get anywhere near an M135i, and then you've got to upgrade the brakes, as those 312's are going to be seriously overworked for 300bhp+, plus you have an older car with all the unmentioned problems, such as coilpacks / cam follower / blah blah...

Don't get me wrong I really love the Mk5's, they brought back the GTI but there's something very appealing about a brand new 320bhp RWD hot hatch with no maintenance worries. :happy2:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 07:33:33 pm »
So 2 years driving a new BMW 1 series will cost you £7700 and you then give it back !

or

Buy an Edition 30 for £10k ish and drive that for 2 years and likely to only cost you £2k ish in depreciation , i know what i'd rather do and i will then have £5k plus towards my next car  :innocent:

Not everyone wants to drive an old Golf though..?

If a M135i appeals and you can afford it I'd be in the why not camp tbh  :happy2:

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »

or

Buy an Edition 30 for £10k ish and drive that for 2 years and likely to only cost you £2k ish in depreciation , i know what i'd rather do and i will then have £5k plus towards my next car  :innocent:

Ah yes, but that assumes your Throttle body hasn't gone, or your arches need to be changed/painted due to rust (or sills or boot), or the clutch/flywheel needs doing because you definitely need to tune the Eddy to get anywhere near an M135i, and then you've got to upgrade the brakes, as those 312's are going to be seriously overworked for 300bhp+, plus you have an older car with all the unmentioned problems, such as coilpacks / cam follower / blah blah...

Don't get me wrong I really love the Mk5's, they brought back the GTI but there's something very appealing about a brand new 320bhp RWD hot hatch with no maintenance worries. :happy2:

Apart from the cost of winter tyres for when it snows... :innocent:

Offline Fozzy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »
Do it!!!! I've currently driving a m135i at work and then have my own edition 30 at home! Took the eddy in for a MOT today and then had to swop it at lunch! It felt sooo slow and a lot less fun!!! :( but then that an older car for you!

2yrs for a blast why not??

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »

or

Buy an Edition 30 for £10k ish and drive that for 2 years and likely to only cost you £2k ish in depreciation , i know what i'd rather do and i will then have £5k plus towards my next car  :innocent:

Not everyone wants to drive an old Golf though..?

If a M135i appeals and you can afford it I'd be in the why not camp tbh  :happy2:

But then i'm a tight arse , and i only drive about 2000 miles a year  :grin:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »

or

Apart from the cost of winter tyres for when it snows... :innocent:

Already have a couple of those covered (the fronts are the same as GTI :)

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:42 pm »
Whadda you want to know??

A lease deal is slightly different to a PCP from BMW, but both are viable prospects to get you in a good car for not a lot of money. There's a pukka BMW dealer on BabyBMW cutting deals of around 15% off list. I thought I did well with 10% and a free servicing pack 12 months ago (but then I did get in before the price rise).

The looks I've kind of got used to, I can't say its pretty, but it does look better in the metal. The interior is better than a MK7 Golf and not quite as nice as a new A3... as you'd kind of expect really.

Standard equipment is very high: leather, xenons, all the electronics, big Brembos all round. The engine puts out around 340hp out of the box, many have been tested now. The chassis is completely bespoke to the car from M-division (hence the M135i badge) - shocks/springs/arbs/wishbones/hubs/bushes, as is the eLSD, stability settings etc etc. It isn't just an M-Sport with a bigger engine. Oh, and that engine is a peach!

It drives outstandingly, backed up by every respected motoring journo's reviews. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Cons:

It has an incredibly quick rack (2turns lock to lock) but it's ePAS. Lacks a bit of feel, but is direct enough.
Whilst very light on fuel when it needs to be, it'll rinse through it when you're 'on' it.
Sideways yo!

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 09:35:02 pm »

Here's one: http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/central-uk-vehicle-leasing/bmw/1-series/22468700/

Here's another: http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/BMW_1_Series_3_Door_F20-M135i_M_Performance-45647.htm

Around £250 per month, Personal, 10k per annum, 2 year contract.

god this is tempting, i was looking at a caddy van for work, but for the extra £50 per month its a no brainer! M135i works van!  :driver:

anyone know what the lead time is like?

Offline Fozzy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 09:40:23 pm »
I work for BMW and general lead time is about 4-6weeks dependant on spec over an above standard!

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re:
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 09:41:46 pm »

Here's one: http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/central-uk-vehicle-leasing/bmw/1-series/22468700/

Here's another: http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/BMW_1_Series_3_Door_F20-M135i_M_Performance-45647.htm

Around £250 per month, Personal, 10k per annum, 2 year contract.

god this is tempting, i was looking at a caddy van for work, but for the extra £50 per month its a no brainer! M135i works van!  :driver:

anyone know what the lead time is like?

Think the Caddy is more stylish but the BMW would make a cracking van for the money, ha ha!

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:19 pm »
Mad. If I could pay just 250 notes per month for a pocket rocket like this (% based) for life, I'm in.

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 09:21:15 pm »
I'm paying more than that for my GTI on VW Finance!  :confused:
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
BMW must have run out of money when it came to Exterior design.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline TomGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 4
  • PIRELLI EDITION
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 11:00:26 pm »
That is temping 2 years of good fun  :driver:
GTI Pirelli - Reflex Silver - 5dr - 58 - B12 Sportline kit!

Sold ~ GTI - Mk5 - Pearl Black -  Bluefin - 3dr - 08

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »
Cant stop looking at these now...

Gateway2Lease are offering £272 for an auto one. Wonder how much options would be? Its £6 a month more for metallic paint.

Thats with £1600 down too. An absolute bargain if you ask me, they're meant to be awesome.

Has anyone else found any better deals?
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.