Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 R Build thread now up  (Read 244026 times)

Offline Acidutzul

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
  • 2.0 TDI ~165HP daily&track
    • Email
Re: MC71's Red Mistress - UPDATE 2nd Feb' 2014
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »
Outstanding looking car! She's so lucky to have you :). I'm not really found of the carbon trims inside and the brembo sticker, and maybe I would have liked the tips to stick out a bit more, but I'm really struggling to find things that are not exactly on my taste. Keep up the good work and congrats!

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2014, 08:38:04 pm »
It sold for £99 as well, no one bid on it  :signLOL:

Cor that aerospace stuff has worked a treat on your honeycomb bits, wouldn't mind some of that for under the bay as that my fav bit in mine ATM .

What's happening this week then
Jake

Lights, engine bits, handling bobs and another (final) visit to see Niki!!   :evilgrin:

Outstanding looking car! She's so lucky to have you :). I'm not really found of the carbon trims inside and the brembo sticker, and maybe I would have liked the tips to stick out a bit more, but I'm really struggling to find things that are not exactly on my taste. Keep up the good work and congrats!

Thanks for your kind words and comments.  :drinking:

Yeap, the interior trim pieces are a real Marmite mod, it's my inner chav that LOVES em!  :grin:

I wanted the tips to sit flush with the rear valance, I've seen a few peeps (on here) with their exhaust tips that stick out so far they're a Health & Safety trip hazard!

Nice and flush....  :innocent:

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2014, 09:02:46 pm »
does anyone have the part no's for the Mk6 & Ed35 gear knobs

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2014, 09:20:14 pm »

Mk6 Ed35...

5K0 711 113 T XPR

and if your referring to the Mk6 .:R......

5K0 711 113 K YMD

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »
Just need xenon's to finish the front end  :happy2:

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2014, 09:55:13 pm »
I'll keep an eye out for your update  :happy2:
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »

Mk6 Ed35...

5K0 711 113 T XPR

and if your referring to the Mk6 .:R......

5K0 711 113 K YMD

Its was the first two :happy2:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2014, 10:18:53 pm »
Just need xenon's to finish the front end  :happy2:

Funny you should say that!  :wink:

I'll keep an eye out for your update  :happy2:

I'll do a few write ups/updates next week of the various mods once I've had a chance to organise myself.  :happy2:

Its was the first two :happy2:

Ahh........ Standard Mk6 GTI........

5K0 711 113 G XPR

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2014, 10:37:03 pm »
thanks mate, will be sitting down when i ask TPS the prices tomorrow, the carbon dipping is the business by the way, if i still had an ed30 that would be on the cards as a must do.

Offline kylelannerz

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: MC71's Red Mistress
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:58 pm »
some really nice touches to the car there mate  :happy2:
loving the radio heater mod looks ace, keep it up  :drinking:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2014, 09:00:37 pm »
Update Time

There have been a few additions over the lasts few days so its time for another update. After my trip to R-Tech at the end of last year for a Custom Linear Stage 1.5 map and, more importantly, after adding a new uprated clutch I'm ready for a wee bit more so a few upgraded items were required. It would appear I now have the power bug!  :evilgrin:

First off.......

Thanks to Alex at AKS Tuning for fitting this lot, supplying most of it and putting up with me loitering about in his workshop.  :notworthy:

To begin with........

THS Intercooler

I decided on the THS FMIC (Front Mounted Intercooler), from what I've read it seems to be one of the best. Luckily enough for me days before I was going to buy a new THS one, one popped up in the For Sale section on here, happy dayz, always up for saving a few quid!!

Its a THS REVO Limited Edition one, apparently REVO bought a load of THS IC's and branded them with their name along with the THS logo.  :confused: It needed a few bits doing to it but as always Alex at AKS sorted this out (fanks fella  :ashamed:).

The THS Front Mounted Intercooler......

Info can be found on the THS website info....

~~ Clicky here ~~

Graph comparison between stock and the THS....

Core size comparison to S3 and Stock GTI IC's....

And a great Review up by SteveP......

~~ Clicky here ~~

off with the Old.......

And on with the Big Arse new one.......

Next......

LOBA HPFP

A new High Pressure Fuel pump was added to. Was a no brainer to go for the LOBA one, its way cheaper than the ARP one and I've read nothing but good things about them. It even comes with a new Cam Follower which is a very good idea and something that APR should have considered (along with dropping their ridicules price).

LOBA's site.....

~~ Clicky here ~~

Taken from their site........

"We take a brand new factory OEM pump for reliability, then we make fundamental changes using new components and processes by LOBA to create this upgrade fueling solution. Also Included with this upgrade are OEM Cam follower and OEM Pump O-ring seal.

Modification and tuning of the 2.0TFSI engine way beyond OEM power levels requires an extra volume of high-pressure fuel. The LOBA 2.0 TFSI high pressure fuel pump will give a fuel volume increase of more than 50% and can sustain over 135bar making it the one of the biggest flowing pumps on the market. Also suitable on a stock software car.
The LOBA uprated fuel pump allows much more power throughout the rev range but specifically in the midrange on cars where the stock pump is insufficient.  

The materials and processes we decided upon are of the highest possible quality and for this particular application, this meets the very high requirements needed for the latest generation of OEM HPFP specifications. Multiple stages of various precision machining, hardening processes, coating processes and quality control inspections characterize this LOBA pump.

Tested to over 8250rpm both in a controlled environment and on the track/road to simulate a large range of dynamic conditions. Doing so was an important part of our mechanical design parameters to ensure the LOBA pump meets our standard. Results are reliability, durability and performance."

Dodgy iPhone pic.....

Also.......

RS4 FPRV

Along with the HPFP I had a Audi RS4 FPRV (Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve) put on. From what I understand this valve allows a higher fuel pressure to be maintained in the fuel rail which is good idea going Stage 2+.

RS4 Valve part number 079 130 757

Whole thread on the subject of the RS4 FPRV.....

~~ Clicky here ~~

Then.....

Superpro Anti Lift Kit

Really REALLY wanted to reduce the wheel hop further, the first (and probably best) place to start is with a Anti Lift Kit. I went for the Super Anti Lift kit and also added the Superpro front wishbone buses (SuperPro Control Arm Lower-Inner Front Kit) at the same time. Seems a better product than the Whiteline option IMHO. Superpro now offer a Lifetime Guarantee on their products, pretty much tells you just how good they are.  

Superpro Anti Lift Kit Part number ALOY3273-80K

Superpro site....

~~ Clicky here ~~

Old OEM ones and new ones......

Front Wishbone bushes (SuperPro Control Arm Lower-Inner Front Kit)

Part number SPF3346K IIRC these ones are the 90k not the 80k ones.

Moving along......

Along with the Anti Lift kit, engine mounts a good 4 Wheel Geometry Alinement set up thingy is a not only a good idea, it's needed. I can honestly say that the wheel hop has gone which really is saying something with the power that the Red Mistress now has. She really does drive and handles like a dream.

Alex set mine up as follows.....

Other bits......

R8 Coilpacks

Updated/uprated my Coilpacks and plugs at the same time. Heard lots of good things about the R8 Coilpacks but to be honest, their red so end off. Supposed to help reduce the chance of misfires on tuned T FSI engines etc etc etc.

Audi R8 Coilpacks Part number 06E 905 115E

And some NJK Iridium IX Spark plugs.

Part number BKR7EIX

Their site (below) with info....

~~ Clicky here ~~

It's Tuning time......

With that lot done it was time for another trip to see Niki at R-Tech for a custom Stage 2+ map. I asked Niki for a SUPER smooth, completely linear map, regardless of bhp of torque as I'm way past waving my willy about such things. Oh and I also asked if we could keep the torque within the limits of my new (only 2 month old) uprated Helix clutch. I also asked for his LBK/VVT map thingamajig too which IIRC he now maps into K04 Turbo'd cars that have a CAI on.

Info on the LBK/VVT map, Niki posted this elsewhere.......

"Another "new" thing this map is running is my new LBK map, LBK is the Bosch German short term for manifold flap,  the stock Ko4 LBK and VVT mapping IMO is setup to produce air velocity to speed up and get on boost as quick it possible,  the side effect to this is when the engine setup is flowing better from an induction kit and elevated boost requests the turbo surges and flutters most of you wil induction kits and a ko4 have this issue.   What I have found is to allow the head to reduce the air speed velocity at 3000rpm and set the LBK and VVT to allow more air flow volume into the cylinders which in most cases fully removes the surge flutter sound / or Just gives a slight wisper of flutter at 3700rpm.    The other "up" side is more torque can be made between 3000rpm-4500rpm with a lot less boost.     On the k1 we developed the LBK-VVT mapping on made more torque at 1.3bar then it did at 1.6bar..
Next setup is to find a new ignition advance setup to work better with this setup to see if there is even more power to have."

So, while myself and Ben put the world to rights Niki did his thing. Hours later he appeared from the car beaming. The man's a bigger kid than me and obviously loves what he does!  :notworthy:

Anywho, apparently the figures were higher but to keep to my requests it was bought back a wee bit. Niki mentioned that the torque was well into the 400's at one point!!  :laugh: I may yet get a bigger clutch (BIGGER I should say) but not just yet.

My Mods for Stage 2+

BCS Powervalve Sport TBE with 200 Cell Cat
REVO Cold Air Intake
THS Front Mounted Intercooler
LOBA HPFP (map done with a APR HPFP as my LOBA pump didn't turn up in time)
Audi RS4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve
Audi R8 Coilpacks
Revision G Diverter Valve
Revision N PCV
Run on V-Power Nitro+ for years

......Oh and a Uprated Helix Clutch and new OEM DMF

This is were we ended up......

361 bhp 376 ft lb

To say I was cuffed to nuts is an understatement of gigantic proportions, I drove home like a giggling schoolgirl, I couldn't help myself from creaming anyone who thought they'd have a go a getting past me (all the way up to 70mph as that the legal limit). The Mistress is so smooth and the power is so usable, the midrange is phenomenal, truly awesome. With the handling mods that have already been added she's so planted and really belies her FWD short comings.

As for the magic that Niki has found with the LBK map, simply awesome. There is the faintest hint of flutter but you REALLY have to try and find it. This alone is worth the map IMHO and adds so much more to the cars performance. The car pulls like a locomotive on steroids, no hint of aggression or the "bit bull" characteristics of those maps of yesteryear.  

R-Tech's site.....

~~ Clicky here ~~

As always, any likes, dislikes or queries please spam away!

Martin  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:42:27 pm by MC71 »

Offline SurreyED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 37
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2014, 09:06:31 pm »
I've just got mine back mate, REVO stage 2 is really quick!

We've got the same plugs and coilpacks part from I've got the ngk 8

Shame it's wet outside isn't it lol

Jake
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
Re: MC71's Red Mistress **UPDATE** Stage 2+ and other bits and bobs
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2014, 09:19:03 pm »
My god how much spare money do you have?!?!?  :drool:

Das Auto

Offline Banham

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 15
  • GTI MK6
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »
Thats like a 3 year plan for me to afford all of that  :ashamed: Can imagine that goes like stink now.  I bet 70 came up quick  :wink:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2014, 09:53:51 pm »
WOW Martin  :surprised:

Some seriously tasty moddage goin on dude  :notworthy:

Top quality parts added. Well done sir  :congrats: