Make a donation

Author Topic: My Edition 30, Golf R and a TTRS...  (Read 6058 times)

Offline dan930

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
Re: My Edition 30, Golf R and a TTRS...
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 12:55:31 am »
Was in Hurdys car today, honestly if you've got the cash to get the golf R, then do it and stick a loba 400 on it... wow seriously quick car and a lot of fun, I was laughing my arse off the whole time!!!

Don't forget he's got a big list off hardware on his car & also running Wmi too

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Eddie07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 12:24:41 pm »
Was in Hurdys car today, honestly if you've got the cash to get the golf R, then do it and stick a loba 400 on it... wow seriously quick car and a lot of fun, I was laughing my arse off the whole time!!!

whats a loba???? And WMI????

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »

whats a loba???? And WMI????

Loba is the company for the hybrid turbo (around £1200 to £1700) & Wmi is water meth injection(around £300-600)

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Eddie07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 01:03:22 pm »
ok thank you...isnt Water Meth Injection bad for your engine?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 06:54:14 pm »

Only if it stops working  :signLOL:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »
There's more to life than power.

I would bet a GT86 is more "fun". Anyone can make a car really fast in a straight line. Rear anti roll bar won't account for the heavy engine WAY INFRONT of the front axle, which is what causes the understeer, combined with a pretty equal balance 4wd system.

I don't have a diesel anymore  :signLOL: :signLOL: but that was more fun than the RS3 as well, and was more "fun" than my GTI as too. 32psi of boost thank you!  :drool:

Oh dear... :signLOL:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »

Actually cleans your inlet valves which get pretty gummed up on the TFSI thanks to a badly designed PCV system and direct injection
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 03:34:47 pm »
good choice keeping the edition 30 imo

the ttrs are fast when tuned but a edition30 running stock power levels of a tt the ed30 is a fair bit quicker ive tested a few times.. and not everyone wants to mod such an expensive car as the tt?
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 03:38:00 pm »

the loba turbo made much difference over your 2+ then?
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 07:59:37 pm »

The L0400 definitely makes a difference. Although mine will be having another turbo fitted in the new year.  :happy2:

To the OP. The R is a solid car and as such there will still be a fair few knocking around in the coming years. I found that my ED30 was amazingly quick once up and running, traction at low speeds in the dry and anything up to 70mph :wink: in the wet and you struggle at stage2+ or beyond. The R is no featherweight, mine weighed in at 1489kg earlier this year, and that is with lighter wheels and no spare. A similar ED30 would weigh in at 120kg lighter due to the lack of a 4wd system. Driving wise I find the R at its current stage of tune (371awhp) handles beautifully and can easily handle more. A fwd ED30 with similar power....even with a diff, would still struggle to put down the power cleanly.
Summary is basically, anything up to 2 and the ED30 is a good option.
Anything over ( stage 2+ and beyond) and the edge goes in the R's favour.
The R will always be much quicker over a 1/4 mile than an ED30 with same mods and driver
The R will always be quicker around track with same mods and driver
The ED30 will be quicker once grip is established in the midrange at up to stage 2.
The R has a slightly better balance than the ED30 with same mods.

I loved my tuned ED30 and it was great on track, so whatever your decision is it will be the right one for you. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Eddie07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:15 pm »

The L0400 definitely makes a difference. Although mine will be having another turbo fitted in the new year.  :happy2:

To the OP. The R is a solid car and as such there will still be a fair few knocking around in the coming years. I found that my ED30 was amazingly quick once up and running, traction at low speeds in the dry and anything up to 70mph :wink: in the wet and you struggle at stage2+ or beyond. The R is no featherweight, mine weighed in at 1489kg earlier this year, and that is with lighter wheels and no spare. A similar ED30 would weigh in at 120kg lighter due to the lack of a 4wd system. Driving wise I find the R at its current stage of tune (371awhp) handles beautifully and can easily handle more. A fwd ED30 with similar power....even with a diff, would still struggle to put down the power cleanly.
Summary is basically, anything up to 2 and the ED30 is a good option.
Anything over ( stage 2+ and beyond) and the edge goes in the R's favour.
The R will always be much quicker over a 1/4 mile than an ED30 with same mods and driver
The R will always be quicker around track with same mods and driver
The ED30 will be quicker once grip is established in the midrange at up to stage 2.
The R has a slightly better balance than the ED30 with same mods.

I loved my tuned ED30 and it was great on track, so whatever your decision is it will be the right one for you. :happy2:

Thanks, appreciate the above I drove one and whilst it is good, I just cant justify it in my head at the moment, taking money out of it. I havent got the best out of my car yet so why move on??

I've made my decision...Edition 30

I think my next question really is stage 2 or stage 2+. fuel pump and mapping is the only difference but theres no point having all the hoarses in the world and only being able to use 2 of them (ok not that few but you get the jist)

is it REALLY worth it? up to now only experienced a Leon K1 s2+ and my oh my. that literally took my breath away. but I wont be using that power 95% of the time so does it really matter? Do the components on s2+ stage to fade dramatically? I've read horror stories about cam followers going and petrol in oil...really?? i use the car everyday so dont it to start sitting in a garage 1 week out of 4.

Not sure if thats come across a personal or subjective question's but either way any thoughts and opinions are welcome....

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2013, 01:04:11 pm »
I know what you are saying, and great points above Hurdy, it's why I've come to the conclusion of going just Stage 2 on my Eddy. BCS Powervalve, intake and then map, (will map the DSG as well). It's lowered on springs, just going to add H&R ARBs and fully polybush it for now. Give that a whirl and if I'm happy with it then leave it, if not possibly upgrade mounts & coilovers.

But we shall see... :laugh:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...