Make a donation

Author Topic: E46 BMW M3 What do you think of 'em?  (Read 17208 times)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: E46 BMW M3 What do you think of 'em?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 10:20:26 pm »
Hahahaha!!! I leave the forum for 4 hours and this is what happens!  :chicken: :chicken:

I'm actually really glad this topic came up because an E46 has been on my mind for a long time, and to hear such good, detailed and interesting viewpoints from several who have experience of the car is invaluable to me. Thanks!

Also, I hope the OP has got useful information from the early parts of this topic.  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 10:20:46 pm »
Tc , Your not the worth the energy to press these keys on the keyboard anymore.

I decided to step down as moderator sunshine, and wasnt Booted off as you put it, or was that something you thought you knew, but dont. :P

Ok perhaps the reason id stepped down was because of yourself maybe, being like you are just now.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 10:22:34 pm »
Hahahaha!!! I leave the forum for 4 hours and this is what happens!  :chicken: :chicken:

I'm actually really glad this topic came up because an E46 has been on my mind for a long time, and to hear such good, detailed and interesting viewpoints from several who have experience of the car is invaluable to me. Thanks!

Also, I hope the OP has got useful information from the early parts of this topic.  :happy2:
sorry chris for all this thats going on, its not aimed at you in anyway at all, i guess i hope you understand i was not basing ALL drivers of BMW's, but some want to carry on this argument long after the bell.

Good luck if you do go for the BMW mate.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 10:25:06 pm »

I decided to step down as moderator sunshine, and wasnt Booted off as you put it, or was that something you thought you knew, but dont. :P

Ok perhaps the reason id stepped down was because of yourself maybe, being like you are just now.

I am getting confused now  are you saying its my fault your a idiot. Who never thinks before he posts.  :chicken:
Or are you going into phase 2 of your hole digging were you try and make everyone feel sorry for poor little you.  :happy2:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2009, 10:28:37 pm »
Hahahaha!!! I leave the forum for 4 hours and this is what happens!  :chicken: :chicken:

Also, I hope the OP has got useful information from the early parts of this topic.  :happy2:
sorry chris for all this thats going on, its not aimed at you in anyway at all, i guess i hope you understand i was not basing ALL drivers of BMW's, but some want to carry on this argument long after the bell.

Good luck if you do go for the BMW mate.

No need to apologise to me mate, i know none of this is directed at me whatsoever! In my opinion, any BMW provides a fantastic driving experience. Take the X6 for example....personally I love the way it looks, but there is a lot of people out there that think its butt ugly. But having been taken out in one by a professional racing driver and seen first hand what the car is capable of, I would buy one regardless of how it looks. I'm looking at the M3 not for the image it gives out, or because I want to pose. I'm looking at it because I think the engine is an absolute masterpiece in itself, and the fact that it is RWD, with a slip diff. I had a play with one last week, and in a straight line it was pretty much evens, however in terms of braking for the roundabouts, cornering and accelerating out of the roundabouts it wiped the floor with me.

I hope one day you actually drive one because you would be convinced!

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 10:34:42 pm »

I am getting confused now  are you saying its my fault your a idiot. Who never thinks before he posts.  :chicken:
Or are you going into phase 2 of your hole digging were you try and make everyone feel sorry for poor little you.  :happy2:

Now your really talking out of your arse Tom.

You seriously are not worth dragging this on anymore.

@chris

"I hope one day you actually drive one because you would be convinced!"

It may well be mate, but my reply was purely FROM THE VERY START not based on the actual car, Just SOME of its drivers.

Someone in here have to get a personality transplant dragging this on way too long to the point that its pointless visiting.

Perhaps if people find me too offensive, perhaps they can use there ignore tab and save alot of hassle

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:37:02 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 10:37:04 pm »
Get a room you two!  :love: :signLOL:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »
@chris

"I hope one day you actually drive one because you would be convinced!"

It may well be mate, but my reply was purely FROM THE VERY START not based on the actual car, Just SOME of its drivers.

Someone in here have to get a personality transplant dragging this on way too long to the point that its pointless visiting.

I know, I understand what you meant in the first place, I was just saying in general that you would love the drive.  :happy2:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 10:41:55 pm »
@ chris I know exactly what you mean about the x6. Great car in some peoples eyes, awful and impractical in other. Myself, think BMW know exactly their Market and it does it's job perfectly. It's the best handling Chelsea tractor ever made! Lol. It really does drive awesome for a sportscar, never mind a big 4x4. Same with the x5. I once really gave a x5 35sd some pain and in the twisties I was amazed. I could hang it round a wet round about like an rs4 couldn't believe. It's such a strange sensation being so sideways yet still feeling so much control thru the predictable traction. I was blown away!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 10:43:22 pm »
^^ Couldn't have said it better myself! They do appeal to a specific market, and I think that anyone who is not in that market really dislikes them. Shame really!

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
Twisties and round about was a closed road btw  :signLOL

and sorry the above post Is a while long winded and not structured right, iPhones!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:47 pm »
Is it a shame though? How many range rover sports do you see? How many x6s do you see? It's a marked difference around my area! And I wouldn't have thought BMW are doing anything other that pulling off a profitable exercise with the x6

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »
Is it a shame though? How many range rover sports do you see? How many x6s do you see? It's a marked difference around my area! And I wouldn't have thought BMW are doing anything other that pulling off a profitable exercise with the x6

Yeah very valid point. I meant it more as a shame for themselves that those people are so narrow minded through not appreciating the BMW for what it is and just write it off and bad-mouth it immediately. Pistonheads forums are notorious for it!  :sad1:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
Well at least I started a thread which has got people thinking (amongst other things)! Cheers for the info guys, I may go and have a go in one and weigh them up a bit more.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2009, 10:48:13 pm »
Nah it's all those Audi drivers that are cocks!  :grin: :signLOL: