Make a donation

Author Topic: New member and mk5 owner  (Read 866 times)

Offline STV4R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
New member and mk5 owner
« on: December 16, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »
Hi there  :smiley:
Been lurking this forum for a couple of months now and found lots of useful info so decided to join.
Bought my mk5 gti about 4 weeks ago, Its a 55 reg and dsg. Never owned or drove a dsg or any type of automatic before and got to
say im loving it.
Will post some pictures up the weekend when i get home

Offline Jonneh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: New member and mk5 owner
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:03 pm »
Welcome buddy. :)
Passat R36 - Corrado VR6 - Mk2 Golf GTI 8v

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:47 pm »
Hello.

M88TSS

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:21:18 pm »
Hi, new to the forum and mk5 golfs. I recently purchased a 55 reg golf gti with the axx engine, not long after i purchased the car it suffered engine failure (various theories as to why it did). I have been hunting high and low for an engine but can not find anything apart from  some companys with not very good reviews wanting to charge the earth for them. I am able to get hold of the bwa code engine at a more reasonable price but would like to know if someone could tell me if it would fit/work or someone that knows of a axx engine for sale. Any help would be appreciated

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »
Welcome on board!  :drinking:

Hi, new to the forum and mk5 golfs. I recently purchased a 55 reg golf gti with the axx engine, not long after i purchased the car it suffered engine failure (various theories as to why it did). I have been hunting high and low for an engine but can not find anything apart from  some companys with not very good reviews wanting to charge the earth for them. I am able to get hold of the bwa code engine at a more reasonable price but would like to know if someone could tell me if it would fit/work or someone that knows of a axx engine for sale. Any help would be appreciated

The latter BWA will be fine or get the better K04 Turbo'd BYD if you see one knocking around. Start your own thread, oh and welcome along.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

M88TSS

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »
Hi, thanks for the info. Always wanted a mk5 gti and finally got one this year but its turned out to be a nightmare with the engine buisness. I have owned 20+ golfs over the years and never a problem. Will take a look at the byd and see whats around. Cheers for the help.