Make a donation

Author Topic: Break in - No Damage!?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Break in - No Damage!?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 07:02:01 pm »
Your meant to check to door LED it's flash rate tells you if all is well - watch how fast it flashes in the first five seconds

The blinking "red eye" on the drivers door will stay solid if the CCM notices any door not locked instead of the heart beat signal. Handy for those that don't have that horn beep on lock tom foolery enabled.

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 07:05:05 pm »
Your meant to check to door LED it's flash rate tells you if all is well - watch how fast it flashes in the first five seconds

The blinking "red eye" on the drivers door will stay solid if the CCM notices any door not locked instead of the heart beat signal. Handy for those that don't have that horn beep on lock tom foolery enabled.

How fast should it flash for the first five seconds, if all is working properly? 

I remember when one of the locks wasn't working it did something different but I can't remember what it was!  At the moment it flashes quickly and then goes to the usual slow flash.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 07:09:28 pm »

How fast should it flash for the first five seconds, if all is working properly?  

I remember when one of the locks wasn't working it did something different but I can't remember what it was!  At the moment it flashes quickly and then goes to the usual slow flash.
If you look carefuly at the LED the next time you lock it, after you press the plip, the LED will flash rapidly for about 15 seconds.  During this period of rapid flashing, the alarm is not yet fully set, but the alarm system is actually checking that all its monitored components are giving the "correct feedback" (ie, all doors closed and locked, bonnet closed, boot closed and locked, interior ultrasonic sensor test for function, tilt sensor test for function, and so on).  Then, after this 15 second delay of alarm testing and rapid flashery of the LED, if everything is A-OK, then the LED changes to a slow rate flash - some thing like one brief flash every 2 seconds.  But if one of the monitored circuits is not correct, the LED stays on permanently.

Offline martin@gti.co.uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 09:45:57 pm »
If you simulate crash the car will be unlocked. Thats one of the options. Not aware of any other..