Make a donation

Author Topic: Think Ive found a replacement for the RS3...........  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Think Ive found a replacement for the RS3...........
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »
I can only think  :drool: :love: :love:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 10:19:07 am »
Im surprised that theres no 4WD as well, but BMW have worked hard at 50:50 balance etc, and I suppose it would go against everything they say.

Regarding the fuel economy, thats one of the reasons why Ive never purchased the V8 M3.  My old RS4 used to average 16ish, at least the RS3 hits 22 daily, and on a run 30+ is easily possible(the long 7th gear helps this).  Its a lot more efficient than the ED35 my wife had.  Bear in mind most of our driving is school and shopping runs.......According to the figures the new M3 will be better on fuel than the RS3.  I know people will be saying that you don't buy a car like this to worry about fuel, but it always has to be a consideration, with the escalating fuel prices, and I hate standing at the pumps!( and before you say it I won't drive a diseasal)

Oh and its £55k, before options, but it looks to come very well spec'd indeed  :happy2:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 10:24:52 am by Oli »
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:53 am »
I reckon i must be in a gang of one. That does nothing for me, Back end looks ok the front looks like a mismatch of parts. going to need deep pockets to run one i would guess even if it is 25% more fuel efficient. I know a chap who had the current one and he said the tyre life and fuel costs were eye watering.  :driver: I am sure it will easily be the best car in its class but it doesnt get my juices flowing.  :smiley:

In the big scheme of things, it's far down the list of desirable, but with another little one on the way the list of family friendly weapons is short. Well, it's 1 car long!

The tech in the car is staggering for £56k, every other word on the spec sheet is either carbon or forged.  :drool:
Sideways yo!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:51 am »

In the big scheme of things, it's far down the list of desirable, but with another little one on the way the list of family friendly weapons is short. Well, it's 1 car long!

The tech in the car is staggering for £56k, every other word on the spec sheet is either carbon or forged.  :drool:

Haha, I have three herberts, so 1 car has to do all, and my wife has to like it, and she likes the look of the M3, so thats enough for me :happy2:  I driver a kombi van, so that does all the load lugging, boat towing etc.

And yes the technology is staggering

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:58 am »
Im surprised that theres no 4WD as well, but BMW have worked hard at 50:50 balance etc, and I suppose it would go against everything they say.

Regarding the fuel economy, thats one of the reasons why Ive never purchased the V8 M3.  My old RS4 used to average 16ish, at least the RS3 hits 22 daily, and on a run 30+ is easily possible(the long 7th gear helps this).  Its a lot more efficient than the ED35 my wife had.  Bear in mind most of our driving is school and shopping runs.......According to the figures the new M3 will be better on fuel than the RS3.  I know people will be saying that you don't buy a car like this to worry about fuel, but it always has to be a consideration, with the escalating fuel prices, and I hate standing at the pumps!( and before you say it I won't drive a diseasal)

Oh and its £55k, before options, but it looks to come very well spec'd indeed  :happy2:

Whats alot more efficient than the ED35 ? The new M3 or the RS3 ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:43 am »
RS3, the ED35 was a real guzzler, compared.  EVO found a similar thing with the two cars :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »
Don't think the ed30 is a guzzler at all mine high 20s all day long and well into the 30s on a run through Europe

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=om8efibo64jqaginu2cjsp3o59&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 01:05:49 pm »
Don't think the ed30 is a guzzler at all mine high 20s all day long and well into the 30s on a run through Europe

Cant drive it that hard then!  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 01:08:06 pm »
Think I would sh1t you up  :driver:  :happy2: and I don't drive it like a dick around town it's got better with age and miles

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 08:54:26 pm »
I reckon i must be in a gang of one. That does nothing for me, Back end looks ok the front looks like a mismatch of parts. going to need deep pockets to run one i would guess even if it is 25% more fuel efficient. I know a chap who had the current one and he said the tyre life and fuel costs were eye watering.  :driver: I am sure it will easily be the best car in its class but it doesnt get my juices flowing.  :smiley:
Im with you on this mate! Give me the rs3 any day !

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »
It popped up on the configuration, the carbon brakes added slightly more than I thought..

Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 11:39:38 pm »

I am not a fan of recent M3 models but i would still take a Beemer over the RS3 all of the 7 days in the week . R8 and RS6 would be the only ones that get near my fantasy gaarge.

It popped up on the configuration, the carbon brakes added slightly more than I thought..

:grin:

I like the way the still offer representative APR from the 80's.  :jumping:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 11:42:07 pm »
LOL, it's like Wonga are underwriting it.

I think it's a bit broken.  :grin:
Sideways yo!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 07:27:06 am »

I am not a fan of recent M3 models but i would still take a Beemer over the RS3 all of the 7 days in the week . R8 and RS6 would be the only ones that get near my fantasy gaarge.

:grin:

I like the way the still offer representative APR from the 80's.  :jumping:

Love the new RS6, I think it going to be a little while before they become affordable.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 02:46:24 pm »
Under 200g/kg co2 as well ! Cheap tax I'm 100% getting one, it looks stunning in 4 door Est blue . Which is perfect as new family members are popping up left right and centre at the moment - as long as bmw fit bloody folding rear seats this time as standard otherwise it will make trying to find a saloon 4 door, blue, manual, folding rear seats practically impossible in the second hand market a couple of years down the line !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN