Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***  (Read 39070 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Just used the Revo Select Switch for the first time...
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2008, 06:32:25 pm »
Hmm, not sure about Mobil 1 in the Gti ?

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Just used the Revo Select Switch for the first time...
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2008, 06:45:15 pm »
Good news then Chris  :happy2:

Just a shame they had to wash it after you'd asked them not too  :mad:

This the end of this thread
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:19:05 pm by Top Cat »

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
Re: revo stage 2 +
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 12:44:48 pm »

Yes, but you see these figures are still open to debate too. The JBS map I have is relatively agressive with a 1.6 bar peak and 1.55 bar to 6k+revs and still only makes around 330bhp. Apart from moving to a DBilas there is little else that I can do with bolt on mods and even JBS say that 350bhp is about the limit (and they aren't known for being conservative :innocent:)

If you change to Dbilas, you will notice a fair old difference mate. I cant give a definitive value on the figure, but I would be willing to bet that there is as much gain to be had by ditching the engine cover as there is with ditching the OEM exhaust.

Offline ukdub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 12:53:44 pm »
I wish people would just quote WHP figures.  Even if lots of dynos give different BHP readings,  most dynos would be close on the WHP figure.
Laser Blue with K04 power, APR hardware controlled by REVO 2+ software
Chassis by KW V3's, Whiteline and a hint of PRO race 1.2's
Brakes by Brembo 4 pots

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 01:16:37 pm »
Well if it is any help, I know of a MK2 Leon Cupra that saw the following jump in figures from stock to Revo Stage 2+

Stock = 257bhp @ fly and 230bhp @ wheels
Stock + TBE Milltek and Carbonio = 267bhp @ fly and 241bhp @ wheels
Revo Stage 1 (Boost 6, Timing 6 Fuel 9) + TBE Milltek and Carbonio = 321bhp @ fly and 291bhp @ wheels
Revo Stage 2 (Boost 8, Timing 6 and Fuel 8) + TBE Milltek, Dblias, KMD Fuel Pump, S3 Intercooler = 351bhp @ fly and 319bhp @ wheels.

Said car has had Revo Stage 2+ since its incarnation, but has not yet been checked with current Revo Stage 2+ settings of Boost 9, Timing 6 and Fuel 9.

Hope that helps.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 03:03:02 pm »
Be prepared to do regular checking on the state of your HPFP cam follower if you install an uprated pump as it could get very expensive if you don't.

Save the heartache! Keep an eye on these! I believe a revised one is available with a 'tougher coating?'
You do need to remember there are differences between the S3 lump and the ED30/Cupra lump, not just intercooler but cylinder head, compression ratios etc so there are always going to be variations when modded :smiley:

Agreed :happy2:

I thought the KO4 bottom ends were stronger (as in S3) than the 200bhp leons/golfs?

Well if it is any help, I know of a MK2 Leon Cupra that saw the following jump in figures from stock to Revo Stage 2+

Stock = 257bhp @ fly and 230bhp @ wheels
Stock + TBE Milltek and Carbonio = 267bhp @ fly and 241bhp @ wheels
Revo Stage 1 (Boost 6, Timing 6 Fuel 9) + TBE Milltek and Carbonio = 321bhp @ fly and 291bhp @ wheels
Revo Stage 2 (Boost 8, Timing 6 and Fuel 8) + TBE Milltek, Dblias, KMD Fuel Pump, S3 Intercooler = 351bhp @ fly and 319bhp @ wheels.

Said car has had Revo Stage 2+ since its incarnation, but has not yet been checked with current Revo Stage 2+ settings of Boost 9, Timing 6 and Fuel 9.

Hope that helps.

I am having apr software 2+ because it isnt costing any extra than price of fuel pump as Im spending a fortune, but I reckon Im going to go for Revo 2+ to see for myself. 

@ hurdy are you still on oem clutch mate?  How's it holding up, was it slipping a little on way to leeds?

This is the last post in this thread
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:12:27 pm by Top Cat »

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
*** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 10:43:33 pm »
This is the start of a new thread

I know a few of you have gone stg2 with Revo, I wasn't going to bother and go straight to stg2+ but I can't afford a clutch at the minute so thinkin of tryin the stg2, what are the differences, does it just move the powre further up the rev range as I like the lower end grunt, or is it more every where?
I'm asking you lot because your a bit more adventurous the some of the S3 lads at the minute :smiley:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:04:01 pm by Top Cat »

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
Re: difference between Revo stg 1 and 2
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 10:51:23 pm »
I wanted to jump to stage2, but i was told i needed a turbo back, fuel pump and induction.. well i have the carbonio... still... dont really want to spend out almost 1k on a zorst atm...

when weather clears i will get the stage1 i think...

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 10:57:13 pm »
you don't need the fuel pump and intake is not essential with stg2, stg2+ is the pump specific software where you need the pump and and intake :smiley:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 11:01:23 pm »
I noticed more top end shove but fifnt lose any low end or mid range punch. Also for £50 you can see what its like and if you dont like it you can go back to stage 1 :happy2:
Dave did mine at ads and im very happy with it :smiley:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2009, 11:16:14 pm »
Y not get the clutch done first then see how it goes with that done and nip to Prosport and have him to stick stage 2 on infact I was chatting to him today and he said he is wanting to do more vag cars so is going to employ a few vag tech guys as he is sick of the scooby warrenty crap.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:23:25 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2009, 11:23:17 pm »
I noticed more top end shove but fifnt lose any low end or mid range punch. Also for £50 you can see what its like and if you dont like it you can go back to stage 1 :happy2:
Dave did mine at ads and im very happy with it :smiley:

Cheers pal, I'd use ADS to get it done also, he's a bit more clued up on the set up

Y not get the clutch done first then see how it goes with that done and nip to Prosport and him to stick stage 2 on infact I was chatting to him today and he said he is wanting to do more vag cars so so going to employ a few vag tech guys as he is sick of the scooby warrenty crap.

Haven't got the cash for an uprated clutch at the minute pal, the std 1 isn't slipping and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible, the stg 2+ on the S3 is doin 345-360 with an intake and the std clutch don't like it :scared:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2009, 11:27:25 pm »
So the only option is stick with stage 1 for now and save for the clutch and stage 2 or think fack it and get stage 2 and see how long the clutch last just don't drive it like u stole it  :driver:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2009, 11:30:08 pm »
So the only option is stick with stage 1 for now and save for the clutch and stage 2 or think fack it and get stage 2 and see how long the clutch last just don't drive it like u stole it  :driver:

thats why I was asking how much difference the stg2 actually makes, is it really that much more than the 328bhp-346lbs/ft the clutch seems to be coping ok with now?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »
But think about how much gets lost in the 4mo on the s3 it's massive so it should be ok running stage 2 but just use the gears more and be gentle in 6th