Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***  (Read 39068 times)

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: difference between Revo stg 1 and 2
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 12:07:48 am »
You can preserve your clutch quite a lot by not booting it at low revs in higher gears Gaz.

Stage II is less agressive than Stage I but it pulls longer and harder at the top end.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: difference between Revo stg 1 and 2
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:35 am »
I do try not to pull to higher gear, the engine will produce the torque but you load the clutch. I learnt this lesson on my 8P S3.

But think about how much gets lost in the 4mo on the s3 it's massive so it should be ok running stage 2 but just use the gears more and be gentle in 6th

agreed, but not sure its as much as quoted sometimes, read a thread the other day stating it was 120bhp, I'm not havin that, it wouldn't be worth havin it, can't believe a std S3 puts 145bhp on the road, can you?

You can preserve your clutch quite a lot by not booting it at low revs in higher gears Gaz.

Stage II is less agressive than Stage I but it pulls longer and harder at the top end.

Cheers Stu, will give it a go for 50 quid I think

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
  • Let's Motorvate!
*** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 12:49:24 pm »
Hi everyone

Is there any way to get VW software updates without wiping off Revo?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Revo and software updates
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 12:50:23 pm »
Simple answer is no I am afraid   :sad:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 12:58:15 pm »
REVO will replace the software free of charge however the dealer may make a small labour charge for the re installation.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 01:01:09 pm »
How will the Revo dealer know my car's been Revo'd if it gets wiped off?

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »
How will the Revo dealer know my car's been Revo'd if it gets wiped off?

If it's the same dealer then I'm sure they'll know, it'll also be logged at REVO HQ
Stu...

Offline em2evol

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Let's Motorvate!
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 01:09:27 pm »
Ok cool, thanks :happy2:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 08:59:35 pm »
Your revo dealer would have sent your vin and other details to revo hq at the time you got flashed.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Revo Stage 2+ Ed30 vid..
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 11:21:54 pm »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:51:08 pm by Greenouse »

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Revo Stage 2+ Ed30 vid..
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2009, 09:38:26 am »
That is one seriously quick machine. It is vids like this that really make me miss my ED30  :sad:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2009, 11:40:26 am »
I am sure that my local dealer (revo) when I asked them to remove my map, set it up so that I would eat fuel...

Long story but desperately needed the car unrevoed and within the 30 days guarantee wanted a refund...the dealer argued with me stating that I was not giving them a good reason to remove it....ultimately I stuck to my guns that I was not happy with the power uptake, it was too aggressive and they renaged and gave me a full refund.

Since then MPG is around 23MPG. Can I go to VW and explain and ask them to reflash the ECU? if so, anyone any idea how much it would cost?

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2009, 11:58:29 am »
how long ago did this happen, if only recently then give it time as mpg is always thrown a bit when changing between stock and remap modes. reset the mpg and give it a good run to see if it improves.

if this has gone on for a week or so, then take it to your garage and they will look at it for you, but i would not mention the revo just say mpg seems to have dropped signif and you are a little concerned.  :happy2:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2009, 12:08:11 pm »
Its been since last November mate.....I would consider getting Revo back on but NOT through that dealer, their attitude wasnt the best,....admittedly I had a big part in their stance...however I was expecting some cooperation and was intending on returning to get it back later the next month....

If they had played ball I would have had the Forge on, the REVO and some springs and potentially upgraded brake pads....

I am out of warranty now...nothing to lose by stating exactly what happened and asking to get it reflashed. 

I am at 34,000 was thinking of putting it in anyway for an early DSG service.....

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2009, 03:01:48 pm »
did the dealer actually reflash your car with the stock code as it's quicker for him to just switch the revo map to "revo stock".
Without traction power is nothing!