Make a donation

Author Topic: A foolish decision  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: A foolish decision
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 11:12:06 pm »
I don't think he's bought it as a daily.  :confused:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »

Think it's just a bit of fun can't knock him for it why not try other cars out

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 11:28:15 pm »
Some say foolish. I on the other hand think its awesome and am a little jealous.

I had this as an upgrade for two weeks on a holiday to Florida in 2009:

On paper it is the biggest pile of pap! Avg fuel economy; 12mpg, very wallowy but extremely comfy and makes a great noise. Also impressive sustained lurch (only way I can think to describe it) forward when you press the loud pedal.

Would I replace the Golf with one? Never in a millon years! Never as my only car.
If I could justify it as a second car? In a heartbeat!

The American SUV/Pick-up's can't possibly be understood until you've driven one!

Go on try one out. I dare you.
Or are you scared you might like it?...

2017 Audi S4

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 11:31:03 pm »
I would happily drive an old f150 I even nearly bought a new one the f150 lightning and the Harley d version

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 11:39:30 pm »
I don't think he's bought it as a daily.  :confused:

Au contraire, Mr Hedge - I will be using it every day to work and back  :grin: :stupid:

Definitely realise it's not to everyone's taste, but it is to mine, and that's what counts!
TBH I got kind of fed up of using nice cars to just trundle to work and back (those of you who have seen my other "daily drivers" know what I'm talking about), and I'm also super fed up of modern European cars in general.

I like cars that are kind of broken and/or crap, I've decided. Modern European cars are all the same to my eyes - they all have the same old rubbish from the same old suppliers in them, and they're all far too smart for their own good. Also, I tend to buy cars to keep, and I know first-hand about obsolescence of electronic components (working in the industry). My '05 GTI is about as sophisticated as I want a car I enjoy to get.

So for me, a slightly beat-up dented ol' truck which I can put my stuff into, which is quite a lot of fun to trundle around in and super comfy in the morning on the drive in to work (don't need massive sportiness on the M3 eh?), and (to my eyes) looks cool and somewhat obnoxious because it's got millions of lights on it, which I don't really need to worry about keeping clean, is quite a good fit.

I don't deny for a second I have a vastly more different definition of "utility" (in the microeconomic sense) than the norm.

...in other words, you'se gonna squeal like a piggy, boauh!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:57:14 pm by cmdrfire »

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:28 pm »

Au contraire, Mr Hedge - I will be using it every day to work and back  :grin:  :stupid:

Awesome. I fully understand.  :signLOL:  :notworthy:  :signLOL:  :notworthy:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »
I don't think he's bought it as a daily.  :confused:

Au contraire, Mr Hedge - I will be using it every day to work and back  :grin: :stupid:

Definitely realise it's not to everyone's taste, but it is to mine, and that's what counts!
TBH I got kind of fed up of using nice cars to just trundle to work and back (those of you who have seen my other "daily drivers" know what I'm talking about), and I'm also super fed up of modern European cars in general.

I like cars that are kind of broken and/or crap, I've decided. Modern European cars are all the same to my eyes - they all have the same old rubbish from the same old suppliers in them, and they're all far too smart for their own good. Also, I tend to buy cars to keep, and I know first-hand about obsolescence of electronic components (working in the industry). My '05 GTI is about as sophisticated as I want a car I enjoy to get.

So for me, a slightly beat-up dented ol' truck which I can put my stuff into, which is quite a lot of fun to trundle around in and super comfy in the morning on the drive in to work (don't need massive sportiness on the M3 eh?), and (to my eyes) looks cool and somewhat obnoxious because it's got millions of lights on it, which I don't really need to worry about keeping clean, is quite a good fit.

I don't deny for a second I have a vastly more different definition of "utility" (in the microeconomic sense) than the norm.

...in other words, you'se gonna squeal like a piggy, boauh!

Fair enough!!  :laugh: