Make a donation

Author Topic: BSH Catch Tank Problems....  (Read 16323 times)

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Re: BSH Catch Tank Problems....
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 08:43:16 am »
Just to clarify this lads.. from the block.. the right sided hose goes to the top of the catch can & the left sided hose goes to the side of the can?

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 08:46:13 am »
Just to clarify this lads.. from the block.. the right sided hose goes to the top of the catch can & the left sided hose goes to the side of the can?

Correct.   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 04:28:20 pm »
^^^^

SteveP's pic shows the hose routes very well : -

Another SteveP's pic shows that it will fit but it's too high for my future plans and also covers an aircon tap : -

But he's obviously happy with the location so no problem for him.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 09:31:10 pm »

Having spent time exploring alternative positions for this BSH CatchCan, I'm wondering why this kit could not have had a tank with less depth (overall top to bottom measurement). I think this would have offered more fitting options. But there may be good reasons which I'm not party to.

I also can't help thinking that BSH have not sufficiently considered how their product would apply to the whole 2.0T FSI platform and across world territories. Typical American isolationism?

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 10:18:56 pm »
The "problem" BSH had was that all the US cars come without the charcoal cannister and the product was initially only designed for those cars. Although not in the instructions, cars with the cannister were presumed to have the can mounted like VWR have done for you.

The fact that you can now mount the can out of the box on the driver's side lis a result of a small change in the design of the bracket that supports the can.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 10:26:28 pm »
The "problem" BSH had was that all the US cars come without the charcoal cannister and the product was initially only designed for those cars. Although not in the instructions, cars with the cannister were presumed to have the can mounted like VWR have done for you.

The fact that you can now mount the can out of the box on the driver's side lis a result of a small change in the design of the bracket that supports the can.

is it illegal or possible even for us to remove the charcol canister

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 10:30:56 pm »
You can remove the cannister but it's part of the EU emmissions directive for our cars. Whether your car will pass the MOT without it, I don't know.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »
You can remove the cannister but it's part of the EU emmissions directive for our cars. Whether your car will pass the MOT without it, I don't know.

pah.. detting a de cat soon anyway..

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 10:38:00 pm »

....Understood. I guess that as a (retired) designer my approach would have been to maximise the sales potential of my product by considering its world market.

....I've been advised that the car would definitely fail the MOT without the charcoal cannister. I had asked if it could be removed.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • London web design
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:33 pm »

....I've been advised that the car would definitely fail the MOT without the charcoal cannister. I had asked if it could be removed.

hmm might as well make the most of it then... im currently producing some charcol canister covers like the forge one..

it wont be £96 tho !!

Offline Phil@BSH

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 08:57:32 pm »
Hi guys, just thought Id make our presence known over here. If anyone ever has questions on our products please always feel free to email us (call too but its cheaper to email) at tech@bshspeedshop.com. We will be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

RedRobin, I see you posting on the US GolfMKV all the time, why you chose not to contact me but instead presume we dont care about you because we are American is beyond me... IM, Email, Carrier Pigeon, whatever just dont ignore something that could of been discussed. Our parts are designed predominantly for the US market. This is for obvious reasons, however as our products continue to gain popularity in the world market we'd have to be crazy to ignore little changes to enhance our product fitments. Its just not as easy as borrowing or going to the dealer and buying a car anymore. As our relationships solidify with our growing dealer network these types of processes will become streamlined, until then, its something we work towards everyday.

Thank you all for supporting Dubtek in the group buy, he has been a great asset to our organization.
513 bhp at 24 psi. More still to come!
BSH Speedshop
info@bshspeedshop.com

Help us work with you. If we make a part that you want and it needs special Euro fitments please contact tech@bshspeedshop.com

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 09:37:55 pm »

RedRobin, I see you posting on the US GolfMKV all the time, why you chose not to contact me but instead presume we dont care about you because we are American is beyond me... IM, Email, Carrier Pigeon, whatever just dont ignore something that could of been discussed. Our parts are designed predominantly for the US market.

....Not so. I only post on the US GolfMKV occasionally (and, as I recall, when I have asked you questions in that forum I sometimes haven't had replies). It's got nothing to do whether you are American or Chinese or anything else.

But that doesn't matter. I'm glad you have registered here and can take onboard some feedback  :drinking: