Make a donation

Author Topic: Brake discs(again)  (Read 402 times)

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
Brake discs(again)
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »
Right,I'm in some confusion and I need a definite answer.
After the last service,the garage said that my front discs were scored on the inside and would probably need replacing soon.
I've had a look on ECP as they are having a big sale and it would seem churlish not to take advantage of the prices but there are many different version and sizes for the 2.0 Golf.
I've googled barke disc size and come up with 312mm for the edition30 and 286mm for standard GTI's but I can't seem to find that size on ECP!
Can anyone tell me for definite what size the standard discs are on an edition30 before I head out with a helix ruler and a wheel wrench.... :evilgrin:

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Brake discs(again)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
The Ed.30 and GTI are the same disc... ECP can be a mine field of incorrect sizes... iirc the disc is a 312mm x 25mm vented :happy2:

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:34:39 pm »
The Ed.30 and GTI are the same disc... ECP can be a mine field of incorrect sizes... iirc the disc is a 312mm x 25mm vented :happy2:

Cheers mate.
I've been to the local motor factors and they have them in stock and are definately 312mm....plus they have them cheaper tham ECP's sale price by about £13!

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »
Give your local TPS a ring and see if they have any special offers brakes at the moment?

I picked up front discs and pads (proper OEM) for the ED30 for a very good price last year from TPS.

Worth a shot?

Rich