Make a donation

Author Topic: Airbag Sensor Location?  (Read 17509 times)

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
Re: Airbag Sensor Location?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »
right thats the passenger seat side air bag, when you had a bump did any airbags deploy?

if not then i'd check the wiring on the yellow plug under the seat as this is a very common problem on the mk5.

once the wiring has been checked/ make sure connector has good contact then get the fault cleared will probably all be fine.
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline Ollie.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
Okay thanks. No airbags or anything went off it was a very minor bump. On a lane a farmer lad came around a corner far too fast and he was going to hit me head on so I went in the verge and as I was coming to a stop I hit a very inconveniently placed telegraph pole at around 5mph.

It cracked the bumper and bent the wing slightly.

It must be the seat I'll have a look at the connections tomorrow. It just seems weird how something almost unrelated caused it to play up.

Offline SeaV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »
I had an airbag warning light for an airbag fault, main dealer in Norwich had it in 4 times: continually resetting the thing, then claiming it was the seat loom, then had it all day to tell me it was the sensor (which they told me the previous time) and accidentally forgot to replace it which was why it was in there, the finally when I had it in for mot (and they were going to replace passenger seat loom on same day) they phoned me to tell me it had failed the mot because the airbag had failed in the door and was going to be £850+ to replace it!
We had a long drawn out discussion (I was VERY assertive at this point) and eventually I got it done inc. the mot for a bit under £300 - I will NEVER deal with them again. They refused to let me take the old airbag for forensic testing (I have a mate who does forensic testing for motor vehicle claims).
Make sure you know exactly what you're getting into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk