Make a donation

Author Topic: Karl_Mac's candy white GTI DSG  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
Karl_Mac's candy white GTI DSG
« on: February 12, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »
Not many pics I'm afraid, but here is my 07 GTi, bought with the following mods already on

- lowered (how much and who by is currently unknown)
- 18" BBS LM reps
- Blueflame exhaust
- Pipercross Induction
- Some 'VW RACING' black calipers that look brand new. At I guess I think these are VWR calipers on standard discs, but not sure.

All of the above set me back £9.3k, car seems a decent spec, tartan, dsg, puddle lights, Auto lights and wipers and reverse sensors. I really wanted a car that wasn't black/dark coloured, needed a five door and like the retro black plastic bumper and tartan.

Since owning it, I've replaced the tensioner and swapped the inlet cam for an S3/Eddy item as the standard one was pretty worn. I've also added a Pioneer AVH2500BT, which was my first introduction to CANBUS and the infamous permanent live. Few adaptors later, lots of swearing, one broken trim removal tool its now in, with ipod connector routed to where the fag light lives. Just need a neat solution on where my ipod lives in transit now.

Plans are to sort the power out. I've just come from a stage 2+ Focus ST and the GTi feels comically slow after that. I'm lucky enough to live close to both Stattler and JBS/Custom Code and a friend knows Niki from RTech reasonably well, so i'm a bit spoiled for choice tuning wise. I ultimately want to end up between 330 and 350hp, as in my experience this is the most you can use sensibly on the road. Our first child is due on 1st May though, so plans are on hold for a while.

Anyway. Pics!

And my other Dub!

For anyone thats interested, here is my previous Focus ST, as well as my Polo I had about 10 years ago.

VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs
VW Lupo1.4l : Automatic : White : Stickers.

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Karl_Mac's candy white GTI DSG
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »
So, some paperwork arrived from the dealer today.

Looks like it's been serviced annually/10,000 miles by VW crewe, its had a G05 Diverter from Awesome GTi, Eibach Sportline springs, pipercross induction kit, cam follower and dsg oil replaced at last service, and had replacement calipers on the rear. Nothing for the exhaust though, nor the wheels.

Exhaust light went after tensioner was changed, then came back on, then went again, and is now back on. I reckon dicky probe somewhere as pcv/diverter have been changed. Goingntonswap back to std induction to see if its a problem with MAF location.

Also looking for a S3 cooler and a downpipe so I can go r tech stage 2.
VW Golf GTi DSG2.0 TFSI : DSG : BBS LM : Blueflame exhaust : Pipercross Venom Induction : Eibach Springs

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:17:04 pm »
what millage does it have for 9.3k ? seems a little high for an 07 anything pover 9k is ed30 money

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »
what millage does it have for 9.3k ? seems a little high for an 07 anything pover 9k is ed30 money

45k when I bought it. It was a little high but looking at what was around it seemed ok. Plus I'd just sold my ST for 12.5 so had a bit of change.

We were spoiled for choice of sub 8k examples if we wanted a black/silver 3 door manual!

Offline OLLIE_JETTA_MK5

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 12:48:18 pm »
yeh makes sense buddy ! would defo chenge the wheels to something more oem looking but apart from that its a nice base and love candy white

Golf mk5 1.4 Fsi , Bettle 2.0 8v , Audi a3 2.0tdi , Lupo Gti , Jetta mk5 2.0 tdi , Golf mk6 1.4tsi , Jetta mk6 2.0tdi dsg . Golf estate sport wagon and now ! and orange GTI
Dubbin it since 2006

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »
yeh makes sense buddy ! would defo chenge the wheels to something more oem looking but apart from that its a nice base and love candy white

Ideally I want some 8.5x18" 3SDM 05. I've got some Borbet A's for the lupo and think having two cars that match would look pretty funny. I want air too but practicality and cost has put that to bed for now.

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 05:40:40 pm »
Love the focus! looks mint

Nice looking GTI too! :happy2:

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 06:48:35 pm »
0.05 would look smart on this. W8 performance on here supplies them.

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 03:35:34 pm »
0.05 would look smart on this. W8 performance on here supplies them.

I was hoping to bag a budget secondhand set.  :signLOL:

Still suffering with an intermittent exhaust warning light. I've had it cleared twice and its come back on again. Car feels a bit more sluggish at motorway speeds but fine at low speeds.

Diagnostics report fuelling is fine at idle and WOT, but part throttle its running lean. So far i've replaced the inlet cam for a S3 one, changed the tensioner, have a G revision DV fitted and PCV had been checked and its working. I'm thinking its either MAF or Lambda. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 03:45:04 pm »
are those calipers just stock painted black with a sticker on them?

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 04:36:56 pm »
are those calipers just stock painted black with a sticker on them?

Looks like it. Digging through some old receipts they were replaced recently and it appears that they were painted and stickers bodged on. Look decent though so not too worried. Will replace the pads for some DS2500 unless I see a cheap oem upgrade.

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 07:56:43 pm »
What area are you from mate?  As revitupuk are about 3 miles from me

Offline Karl_mac_

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »
What area are you from mate?  As revitupuk are about 3 miles from me

I had to travel from Sheffield.

Anyway. Pics!

Mods 'to do' list as follows:

- open style front grills, with all the fronts painted piano black.
- the nice people at pipercross are sending me a new bolt to secure down my induction kit
- replace the 'Venom' filter housing with a group A filter
- replace the blue silicone hose with a 90 degree red reducer
- got something a little special in mind for the under bonnet plastics, but will have to wait until may.
- clean the MAF
- R-Tech stage 1 map (possibly DSG map too if finds allow).

I really want an intercooler to take the K03 as far as I can, but the wife may murder me.