Make a donation

Author Topic: Retrofitting armrest help  (Read 1023 times)

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Retrofitting armrest help
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:59:02 am »
Hi All

I've read through loads of threads on this but I've no idea which parts I'm supposed to be buying to do this. If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.

I've got this:

and I want a leather armrest to replace. I have black leather seats so would like it to match. I'm not bothered about working airvents or MDI/USB.

Is this the kind of thing I need to buy:?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-R32-GTI-Leather-Armrest-Mk5-Gt-3007-Jetta-Complete-/281227141140?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417a71a014

Does anyone know what the part number(s) would be from VW?

Thanks Andy

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Retrofitting armrest help
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:35:37 pm »
Hi Andy

that would work just fine  :happy2:

VW dont sell the parts as a kit for the mk5, only for the mk6 (althought they are exaclty the same barring a slight colour change of the plastic and an increase in the armrest lid length)

that one in the photo looks like the MDI/CD/Ipod dock version, which just means there is a space under the armrest for one of those units, hard to tell for sure as no picture of the inside.

it is missing two parts from the cupholder at the back - one of which you cannot buy on its own, so you would need a new cupholder - you can get them cheaply on ebay from China (£20-27) and they are the same quality as over here. 

there are guides on the internet the show part numbers and the how-to guide - its pretty straight forward
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline Simmo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Retrofitting armrest help
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »
Thanks mate that's really helpful, good advice

Cheers