Make a donation

Author Topic: Non VW sat nav help and suggestions.  (Read 844 times)

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 18
Non VW sat nav help and suggestions.
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:29:51 am »
After some advice. I am looking in to upgrading my RCD300 for obvious reasons. Have found this on eBay. Initially I thought it was a genuine rns500 from the look of it. The seller (a company) details as a non VW but better and cheaper. Also comes with all the canbus stuff to make intern. Bluetooth music streaming and DVD in motion. Anyone got one or have any thoughts. Very tempted for the price.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/251224853870?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:12:49 pm by Human Joist »

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
Re: Non VW sat nav help and suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 11:41:52 am »
Looks pretty decent actually! I went for the kenwood dnx520vbt which does all the same as this and the rns except display climate etc. I'm sure most people on here will say if it's not oem rns then stay away from it but it's up to you! You should bare in mind that to get the rns to do the day as this unit it will cost so much more with all the other bits to add (Bluetooth etc) also need to think about dab which will be everywhere in a few years!

Das Auto

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:47:20 am »
Other members have bought and fitted all sorts but if I remember correctly that model kept failing.

The supplier exchanged it (no hassle there) but the wait in between was always a couple of weeks and after two goes he settled for his money back!

Still searching for the thread but can't find it at the moment!

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:49:53 pm »
Ok cheers. Had a couple of hire cars recently for work and both had Bluetooth and were able to stream music. Was ace so want that. For the money it seems very good and the company look ok. If the aftercare was good as you say and they swap the unit might give them a try. I normally like OEM but as you say an OEM to this spec costs a fortune. And if dab will be everywhere in a few years the costs of second hand non dab will tumble so I don't really want to lose all the cash on a non dab rns500.