Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 Golf R - Good lease deals..  (Read 17837 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Mk7 Golf R - Good lease deals..
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:21 pm »
I agree with everything you mention Ben. Lots of people might not get their cars tidied up though because they think they can just swap it for a new one 2 years later.

More fool them then. They just better get lubed up though for when the repair bill drops..  :booty: :surprised:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:45 am »
They punish the ignorant, lazy and foolish. Play the game and you're ok.

Likewise I wouldn't touch a maintained lease, unless it's for business and you're doing 30k p/a.
Sideways yo!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 08:57:21 am »
One thing I would check if going for this deal is how much less it would be without maintenance. 20k miles won't require much in regards to tyres and servicing unless you drive like a tit everywhere. 1 set of tyres and an oil and filter change will be around £750 if you shop right.
I sincerly trust you would change the oil more frequently than 20k miles on a Golf R!!!    :sick:

When you've finished with it, that said Golf R will surely be bought by an enthusiast who will more than likely visit forums like this asking for a detailed history . . . .   :sad1:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:59 am »
Look who's back  :signLOL:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 03:54:07 pm »
One thing I would check if going for this deal is how much less it would be without maintenance. 20k miles won't require much in regards to tyres and servicing unless you drive like a tit everywhere. 1 set of tyres and an oil and filter change will be around £750 if you shop right.
I sincerly trust you would change the oil more frequently than 20k miles on a Golf R!!!    :sick:

When you've finished with it, that said Golf R will surely be bought by an enthusiast who will more than likely visit forums like this asking for a detailed history . . . .   :sad1:

I personally would only service it when it requires a service and no sooner than that. My last 6 cars have all been leased and all been serviced when the service intervals require it. People who want to service their cars every 5-10k are more than welcome, but I honestly don't see the point tbh. If they want to spend their hard earned on servicing their car more often than needed on the hope that an 'enthusiast' buys said car in the future and keep him happy, then fair play to them  :stupid:

My cars have always been warmed up correctly and had everything they have needed with no expense spared. However, they only get serviced when they require it.
All have done between 80-110k in 3 years and none have ever had any mechanical failures or unhealthy running issues. That all being said - my cars spend a lot of their life on the motorway and rack up the miles pretty quickly. So if it were to be a car that did 5k a year, then it would be a completely different story and they would be serviced once a year.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:56:49 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 04:13:21 pm »
^ I agree. These engines are still sweet at 150k miles when the bodywork has rotten away. And that's servicing in accordance with the handbook - not more often  :happy2:

Let's be honest, if you had an "R" on long life service plan and you are getting 20k miles between services (maximum possible with longlife) then your not driving it hard enough  :stupid:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr