Make a donation

Author Topic: Crazy premium on white mk5 gti's!  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Joesoap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
  • Homeless
    • Email
Re: Crazy premium on white mk5 gti's!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 05:38:08 pm »
I don't like the white at all just feels like a van when your sitting in them looking out
Looked at one before buying my own and a clean car, but put me in mind of a van thought it looked cheap.
As for price there is no real difference between them as we all like different colours.
Same topic could be opened for the red as I along with most like it but again worth no more money.

:signLOL:  and you just offered to buy one

Yep I did for A Girl I know  :pomppomp:
2 or 3 K more PMSL!
Look at the prices on the forsale section  :stupid:

I don't like the white at all just feels like a van when your sitting in them looking out
Looked at one before buying my own and a clean car, but put me in mind of a van thought it looked cheap.
As for price there is no real difference between them as we all like different colours.
Same topic could be opened for the red as I along with most like it but again worth no more money.

No it couldn't , White is a sought after colour (more than any other) and people are willing to pay extra for them , proven time and time again on here and elsewhere

White is a sought after colour (more than any other, love it ..what ever you think  :happy2:) Its just a fad and white dates so fast.
Has to be Grey

Revo,milltek,Bilstein,AP's,Ths mounts,dbilas, Sorted

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 05:42:32 pm »
that white gti on autotrader is TOP money

but looking better for me as mine clocked 60k today  :grin:

Rob

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2014, 06:17:19 pm »
Yip that gti on the link is massively overpriced and a bad example as a comparison for that reason to be fair.
You should be getting an edition 30 for that money

I estimate the premium at roughly 800-1000 on average, and to be honest it's a bargain for the fastest and bestest colour  :grin:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2014, 07:19:58 pm »
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306047104300/sort/default/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/seller-type/trade_adverts/make/volkswagen/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/postcode/wa94hd/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/colour/white/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/include-non-classified/on/keywords/GTI/radius/1500/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/golf/page/1?logcode=p

[/quote]

That white gti in the second link has been up for around 7 month even more, I rang that when looking for a white gti the salesman keep ringing day and night and it has been serviced at Kwik fit  :sick: ha. There's is something about white performance cars that I love wether white is the 'in' colour or not I like white sporty cars.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:31:54 pm by Chris92 »

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:59 pm »
^^^^^^^
I don't think so, a colour is a colour it will never have its day. If you like white you like white and that's it.
I will say though I think white has came through and become more and more popular because of the changing lines of cars and the reduction in black plastic side mouldings, because of this I think white looks best on many modern cars. I'm no white fan boy but there is not much new metal out there that I don't think white would be in my top 3 choices.
For instance top colours for cars IMO

Golf R
1) blue
2) White
3) Silver

Edition 30
1) black
2) Red
3) White

E90 M3
1) White
2) red
3) Black

Old cars

mk2 Golf
1) Black
2) helios Blue
3) BBM
4) Oak Green
5) White

E30 M3
1) black
2) Red
3) champagne
4) grey
5) white

if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd be straight out and buying myself a white Lamborghini.

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Phillyf21

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »
White Ferrari 458 for me, see one in the flesh recently,  awesome!

Offline nelmser

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 07:48:39 pm »
I would desperately love my GTI to be white!  In my opinion they look the nicest!  But when I was buying I found them much more expensive as well :(

How much does it cost to wrap a golf?

2006 MK5 GTI 2.0

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 11:30:27 pm »
Green is the next hot colour according to future trend spotters.
'07 Red manual

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 08:52:16 am »
I think white carries the premium as they are actually a rarer colour in a mk5 shape. Think how many silver / black / red / blue golfs you see. And when was the last time you saw a white one?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline GS WAX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »

:signLOL:  and you just offered to buy one

Yep I did for A Girl I know  :pomppomp:
2 or 3 K more PMSL!
Look at the prices on the forsale section  :stupid:

No it couldn't , White is a sought after colour (more than any other) and people are willing to pay extra for them , proven time and time again on here and elsewhere

White is a sought after colour (more than any other, love it ..what ever you think  :happy2:) Its just a fad and white dates so fast.

Mine now sold, so obviously sort after and not overpriced,GOOD examples will always fetch the money,whatever colour.