Make a donation

Author Topic: retrofitting centre armrest  (Read 1458 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
retrofitting centre armrest
« on: January 18, 2014, 09:23:53 pm »
hi after an exstesive search on the search button for instructions with a diagram i cant seem to find any to show me how to fit my armrest.i have the centre console with the cup holders at the moment gti my07 and am wondering how to fix my armrest in place of this. i know there are some screws to be removed but i dont understand how to fit the armrest once i have removed the old consel ie my armrest is fully built up when i bought it and didnt get any screws with it to attach can anyone shine some light as to how i should proced do i need to strip down my armrest oh its just the cubby hole one not ipod or changer if this helps thank you all in advance

Dougie :happy2:

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: retrofitting centre armrest
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:56:55 pm »

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:36:28 pm »
Hi Doyle yet again you have came to my rescue buddy its ppl like you that make this forum what it is my friend your info was a god send worth doing the retro fit armrest but not sure id go to all the hassel again lolcheers

Dougie :happy2: :drinking:

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 06:48:50 pm »
Happy to help!

I found that job really tough - the aircon vent pipe from the front to rear caused me the problem.

On reflection it was well worth the effort as you find you'll miss it when in another vehicle without it.

:happy2: