Make a donation

Author Topic: Standard Dv & Remap  (Read 1179 times)

Offline edition_30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Standard Dv & Remap
« on: September 26, 2009, 07:31:08 am »
Have just signed up for a revo remap & wanted to know if I needed to change my dv.. I have an 07 ed30 & after some searching on here it seems that a few people have had issues with theirs once remapped.

I was looking at the forge replacment but then came across the improved vw revision.

Should I just go for the remap first & see how my stock dv handles it or would it be best to change prior the remap..

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Standard Dv & Remap
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 08:11:04 am »
It's entirely up to you I guess.
My May 08 Edition 30 had a dodgdy DV so upgraded to the Forge Unit which I'd like to think will be better in the long term.

Used a Forge unit on my 1.8t on my mk4 turbo from new, had it on there for over 9 years with no issues

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 09:42:03 am »
I would stick with the original DV for now if it's ok then replace it with the updated VW one when it fails.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 11:32:30 am »
I'm quite happy with the OEM DV.  it's mounted differently on the ED30 which overcomes some of the problems.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available