Make a donation

Author Topic: iPod connection  (Read 763 times)

Offline D Squared

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
iPod connection
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:28:11 pm »
Hi, so I've got the iPod connection built into my arm rest, I have a iPod mini, which works fine via the 'no6 cd' button on the cd screen, my problem is the iPod body is not supported (not wide enough) and tends to loose connection after a spirited drive.
Is there any adapters available to help support the mini iPod? , bit like docking station adapters, Or is it just designed for the larger type iPod?

Cheers
2007 5dr GTi

Offline Luka

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 32
Re: iPod connection
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:37:50 pm »
Get a 30 pin extension lead; keep one end plugged into the dock then the other free for your Apple devices. Only has to be a short lead.
Sold - 2006 Tornado Red GTI 3dr

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:04:12 pm »
Hi, so I've got the iPod connection built into my arm rest, I have a iPod mini, which works fine via the 'no6 cd' button on the cd screen, my problem is the iPod body is not supported (not wide enough) and tends to loose connection after a spirited drive.
Is there any adapters available to help support the mini iPod? , bit like docking station adapters, Or is it just designed for the larger type iPod?

Cheers

Go to your VW dealer and order a set of plastic adapters part number 1K0 868 003 B 9B9   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline D Squared

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:21:11 am »

Cheers

Go to your VW dealer and order a set of plastic adapters part number 1K0 868 003 B 9B9   :smiley:

ahha thankyou....
2007 5dr GTi