Make a donation

Author Topic: Full negative camber tyre wear issues  (Read 952 times)

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Full negative camber tyre wear issues
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:14:53 am »
Has anyone ran full -3.5 camber on the rear and had any issues with uneven tyre wear?

I know camber won't wear the rears as much as having the toe set incorrectly but I'd like to hear from any one who's has the rear set long enough to wear the tyres.

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Full negative camber tyre wear issues
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:33:19 am »
I had mine at full camber for around 6 months and had no rear tyre wear issues at all.

Only thing to watch out for is wheel bearings, I`m not sure if the camber caused it but 4 months after having the camber done both rear wheel bearings went which aren't cheap to replace as you need to buy new ABS sensors too!

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »
I had mine at full camber for around 6 months and had no rear tyre wear issues at all.

Only thing to watch out for is wheel bearings, I`m not sure if the camber caused it but 4 months after having the camber done both rear wheel bearings went which aren't cheap to replace as you need to buy new ABS sensors too!

That's a good point! I suppose the extra camber put extra stress on the bearings, what size wheels and make of tyres did you run?

Offline webby888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:19:10 am »
I had 19in wheels with stretched fullrun tyres on I think. Iv heard the ABS sensors going in the bearings is quite a common thing anyway so maybe it was just bad luck them going together.