Make a donation

Author Topic: Servicing...  (Read 2410 times)

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Servicing...
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:38:29 pm »
Sorry guys I know there have been alot of threads on Servicing, but im looking for some clarification around my upcoming 2nd Service

1) What if any are the differences in work done (e.g. oil and filter changes) between Long life and Time and Distance plans

2) Does one tend to cost more than another

3) Is there any quick way of checking if your on T&D or Longlife service plan via Highline or do I just have to call the dealer I purchased if from

Thanks  :ashamed:

Ifti

Re: Servicing...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:56:35 pm »
Not sure of the differences but one costs more then the other since LL oils are used.

Also, I knew I was on T&D because it would count down the days, or miles remaining, to the next service - and by the days counting down it came to exactly 1 year old.
The easy way to check is to ring the VW Dealership, who can check on their database.

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 09:00:33 pm »
Not sure of the differences but one costs more then the other since LL oils are used.

Also, I knew I was on T&D because it would count down the days, or miles remaining, to the next service - and by the days counting down it came to exactly 1 year old.
The easy way to check is to ring the VW Dealership, who can check on their database.

Thanks Ifti - I had a read through your thread regarding 1st Service. So are you saying that if your on Longlife it doesnt do the countdown on the display? The days and mileage countdown has appeared on mine.

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 09:19:16 pm »
LL will still count down but it could be up to 2 years or 20k depending upon the way you drive / types of journey etc.

IIRC if you put the key in but don't start the car and press + hold the 0.0 trip reset the display will show remaining time/distance until next service  :happy2:

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:23:32 pm »
LL will still count down but it could be up to 2 years or 20k depending upon the way you drive / types of journey etc.

IIRC if you put the key in but don't start the car and press + hold the 0.0 trip reset the display will show remaining time/distance until next service  :happy2:

Thanks SteveP, im currently getting the countdown, but from what you say I think im on LL then as its 06 and in the book has been serviced once. Does that sound about right? Will definately ring the dealer to confirm.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:25:39 pm »
^^^ Yep that would sound about right  :happy2:

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 10:06:40 pm »
Thanks. Anyone that could tell me exactly what is/should be changed for both I would appreciate it.  :smiley:

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:08:59 pm »
Bump  :smiley:  I was hoping Caz would shed some light, but no sign of her so far.

Any other service experts?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:28:00 pm »
Bump  :smiley:  I was hoping Caz would shed some light, but no sign of her so far.

Any other service experts?

What else do you need to know?

Offline Makaveli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 10:11:33 pm »
Just wanted to know the differences in work done (e.g. oil and filter changes) between Long life and Time and Distance servicing plans

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »
For what age / mileage ?

Offline Smiler

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
Just wanted to know the differences in work done (e.g. oil and filter changes) between Long life and Time and Distance servicing plans
Some info here http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=75992aac861bf959a9c08d9fe44ccd2d&topic=65779.0
 :happy2:

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT Sport TDi - called Gordon
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:03:52 am »
SORRY, BEEN A WHILE, HOME ISSUES, HOPEFULLY GETTING ON WITH IT.. ANYWAYS...

20 000 mile service.. intermiediate (spelling hasnt got any better since been away.lol) service..
normally consists of: oil and filter, and pollen filter, full inspection and diagnostics. :)

longlife 2nd serivce will be similar, but more pricey. Longlife servicing in general, does cost more.

there is a difference in the service books, for either time and distance or longlife, but the registering/selling dealer should be a ble to tell you before you book in. but if its due its 20k, then it should of had a 10k..

".. in the process of learning the vw service trade!"

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:16:13 am »
SORRY, BEEN A WHILE, HOME ISSUES, HOPEFULLY GETTING ON WITH IT.. ANYWAYS...

20 000 mile service.. intermiediate (spelling hasnt got any better since been away.lol) service..
normally consists of: oil and filter, and pollen filter, full inspection and diagnostics. :)

longlife 2nd serivce will be similar, but more pricey. Longlife servicing in general, does cost more.

there is a difference in the service books, for either time and distance or longlife, but the registering/selling dealer should be a ble to tell you before you book in. but if its due its 20k, then it should of had a 10k..

Nice to see you back Caz, hope Gordan is well  :happy2:

Offline Caz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • Golf GT Sport TDi - called Gordon
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 06:05:08 pm »
thanks mr phil.  :smiley: yes, he's still being a pain.lol
".. in the process of learning the vw service trade!"