Make a donation

Author Topic: Full VW service history  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Full VW service history
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:42 pm »
I think after this thread i'll be definitely going to have a look at the car. I'll be going through the receipts and invoices to see whats been done.

The car on the photos looks brilliant, hopefully its the same when i view it, but i still need to get rid of the corsa :sad1:

Offline vwgolfgtimk5

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 07:23:03 pm »
I'd rather have a folder full of receipts by a knowledgeable careful enthusiast than 3 pieces of A4 paper and some stamps.
Most people who go to main dealers for servicing don't even bother checking their oil between services unless the light comes on!

Paying the most amount of money doesnt make the car the best condition, far from it sometimes..

I guess I should have said, I enjoy dealer warranty too. No harm in buying a used car with a careful owner, just not interested in one that's been tuned personally.

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »
I always buy cars with full dealer service history, helps with resell too. But that's just me.

I'd rather have a folder full of receipts by a knowledgeable careful enthusiast than 3 pieces of A4 paper and some stamps.
Most people who go to main dealers for servicing don't even bother checking their oil between services unless the light comes on!

Paying the most amount of money doesnt make the car the best condition, far from it sometimes..

^^ totally agree  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:19 am »
similarly, I find it amusing when you see adverts that state "Careful lady owner". Yeah, like having a lady owner is really going to fill me confidence (over a male owner)!!

The local radio station recently did a phone in asking female listeners how long their check engine light was on.. most were a few months but some were over 1year +  :sick:

Pffffft - Careful lady owner!!!*

*of course, not all lady owners are anywhere near as bad as described, i'm ranting at how people are deluded into thinking women look after cars better than men.

Rich

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 08:10:46 am »
similarly, I find it amusing when you see adverts that state "Careful lady owner". Yeah, like having a lady owner is really going to fill me confidence (over a male owner)!!

The local radio station recently did a phone in asking female listeners how long their check engine light was on.. most were a few months but some were over 1year +  :sick:

Pffffft - Careful lady owner!!!*

*of course, not all lady owners are anywhere near as bad as described, i'm ranting at how people are deluded into thinking women look after cars better than men.

Rich
I know what you mean Rich! Theres a fair few females that i went to 6th form with that crashed, or damaged their first car. Saying that, not all females are bad drivers though :happy2:

An update on the golf: Hopefully going to look at it tomorrow or sunday, depends when the guy is free. I'm having to borrow money to pay for it, thats only if it is what the owner says. Unfortunately i wont be able to insure the car until i've sold my corsa, but atleast i'll own a golf right?

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 08:44:01 am »
Is rather have insurance on the golf than the corsa, might be worth looking at temporary insurance sites or speaking with your current insurer to see what they can do.

Might also be worth seeing what we buy any car and the like offer for your corsa as losing a couple of hundred in the sort term might be better than the corsa hanging around for a while

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 08:52:17 am »
Is rather have insurance on the golf than the corsa, might be worth looking at temporary insurance sites or speaking with your current insurer to see what they can do.

Might also be worth seeing what we buy any car and the like offer for your corsa as losing a couple of hundred in the sort term might be better than the corsa hanging around for a while
I'd rather have insurance on the golf too! I've had my current car for 2 years now. I had fun, it was a good project, but now i want something faster, better and a new project! The insurance runs out on the 15th of Feb but it is a multi-car policy with my mums car on it too. She will be renewing it which my dads car on it this time so i may get her to ask how much extra to add the golf on :)

I've already checked those, they offered me a lot less than what i'm wanting for the car. I do have a guy interested, but we both just need to find time when we are free so he can view it. 

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 12:03:31 am »
Sorry to ask more questions!

Unfortunately the car i was hoping to look at was sold earlier today. I've one other one im interested in though. Its a 2006, DSG with 62k on the clock.

According the the email i received from the dealer, the car was 6 service stamps (is the correct? i thought it would be more), apparently the DSG was serviced at 54917 miles and its not due a cambelt change until 80k. Again, i thought that it would be due this year as it will be 8 years old AND its just over 60k?

EDIT: I've just realised that the service interval for the gti is every 10k i think so the 6 stamps are correct :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:42:38 am by Joshy »

Offline mb

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 01:27:18 am »
The servicing is every 10k (or might be 12k) miles or 12 months whichever is sooner.

The DSG oil change is every 40k miles.

The cambelt I think is every 60k miles or every 4 years whichever is sooner.

My car is a 2006 DSG with 55k miles and will be having it's 8th service in May.  I'll also have to get the cambelt done again this year

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Full VW service history
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:56 am »
Stamps depend on service plan you've got time and distance 10k/12months or long life which is 20k/24months

Cambelt is 60k/4years (was 80k iirc) but when its due again depends what it was done.

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 09:37:16 am »
I assume that this car has had a service every 10k then, hence the 6 stamps. I'll confirm this with the garage when i ring them.

Thats probably why they think the cambelt isn't due till 80k then i think. Still going to haggle the price down as it needs doing and it needs taxing and MOTing in the next few months.